As you level up and get stronger in Elden Ring, there’s going to be other tasks you need to get done. Runes in Elden Ring are just like Souls and Blood Echoes from the previous games. As you gain more from defeating powerful enemies, you go up in levels. Each level allows you to put points into the various core stats in Elden Ring. Your build is the combination of these stats and the gear you carry. The attacks you have and their overall power is determined by the choices you make when spending Runes.
But aside from that, there’s much more to learn. You will inevitably find various quests handed out by NPCs that require you to do certain things. Like many RPGs, story progression is key. Some quests like this one for Bell Bearings in Elden Ring are pretty important. To encourage players to take part, the developers lock merchant inventories beyond collecting these seemingly useless items.
Bell Bearing Locations in Elden Ring
The Twin Maiden Husks is a merchant NPC found in Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring. They offer items you need to engage in PvP, but they often hold more items beyond those basic tools. When you first speak to the Twin Maiden Husks in Elden Ring, they only have a few items for sale. To unlock further items in their inventory, you need to collect and return certain items to them. For some reason, they seem to love to collect Bell Bearings in Elden Ring. There are multiple types of bell bearings you need to find for this quest. These items are tied to the game’s story, and often involve progress beyond certain bosses and story beats. Keep reading to figure out what you need to do.
- Bone Peddler’s Bell Bearing – If you head to the Warmaster’s Shack in Limgrave at night, the Bell Bearing Hunter will spawn. Defeat it to acquire this item. It won’t be an easy fight, as he has quite a few wide-range attacks.
- Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing #1 – Head to the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel to find this area. Look on the western edge of the Liurnia of the Lakes region.
- Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing #2 – Head to the Sealed Tunnel in Leyndell. This location is at the edge of the river southeast of the capital city, hit the wall in this region to find the tunnel. The wall you need to hit is on the western side of the tunnel.
- Somberstone Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing #1 – The pair of bosses that holds this ballbearing is quite annoying to fight. The ringblade user is the same as the one you fought in Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel. But the spear user loves to jump in and stab you from behind, be careful. You need to head to Altus Tunnel, south of Minor Erdtree to find this location. This area can be found in the Altus Plateau region.
- Somberstone Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing #2 – You need to head to the First Church of Marika in the Mountaintops of the Giants zone. After you have overcome Morgott in Leyndell, head along the path until you reach the Grand Lift of Rold. Head along the path until you hit the church. The bell bearing is right there.
- D’s Bell Bearing – This item can be found inside Roundtable Hold after defeating the Fire Giant boss. You need to head into the zone after completing the main game, and you will find that the keep is in ruins. Go back to the room with the blacksmith in it, and head further down the hallway. You can get the bell bearing and D’s armor off of their corpse.