As you level up and get stronger in Elden Ring, there’s going to be enemies that you have trouble with. Players need to put time and effort into gathering items to increase their power. Not only is finding good gear a core part of the game, but upgrades are important too. The chase for powerful items is a very big motivation for many players. Just like in previous Souls games, you can augment the base stats of a weapon. Titanite chunks and the like are here in spirit. The new upgrade material is called Smithing Stones, and they have a ton of utility. There are multiple tiers of stones, each one adding a plus bonus to the piece of gear you spend it on. Basic variants add +1 or +2, but you can take it much further.
Where to find Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone in Elden Ring
Below you will find the locations for each Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone that we’ve found so far. We’ve got 13 you can get, and they’re pretty cool to have. Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone strengthens armaments to +25, making it one of the best upgrade items in the game to make use of. Keep reading to figure out where to get these materials. It usually is kind of hard to find. You can also get it from a few vendors, but most of them are found out in the world.
- Smithing Stone #1: The giant skull found southeast of Church of Repose has one. Get inside the mouth to find your first ancient stone.
- Smithing Stone #2: Head to Miquella’s Haligtree and you will find this one underneath a hugging statue inside the zone.
- Smithing Stone #3: Head to the Crumbling Beast Grave Depths grace and look for the corpse under a statue in Miquella’s Haligtree
- Smithing Stone #4: Head to Gurranq and give him 9 Deathroot to get one Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Smithing Stone #5: The boss called Night’s Cavalary in Consecrated Snowfield can drop this. You can also get the Night’s Cavalry Set.
- Smithing Stone #6: There’s another inside the Yelough Anix Tunnel, look for the Consecrated Snowfield zone.
- Smithing Stone #7: You can find one in Yelough Anix Tunnel. There’s a platform southeast of the Dragon Temple Lift, on the lower level. Jump over and grab it from the corpse.
- Smithing Stone #8: One can be found in a chest found by advancing in Miquella’s Haligtree after defeating Loretta.
- Smithing Stone #9: One can be found by killing the dragon just down south from the Dragon Temple Rooftop site of grace in Crumbling Farum Azula.
- Smithing Stone #10: There’s the dragon near the Dragon Temple Rooftop site of grace, kill it to get one. This can be tough, so come prepared.
- Smithing Stone #11: You can get one for siding with Witch-Hunter Jerren during the Sorceress Sellen questline. Found at the edge of the waterfall on the river between Mountaintops of the Giants and Consecrated Snowfield.
- Smithing Stone #12: Obtained as a reward for completing Nepheli Loux’s questline in Godrick’s Throneroom.
- Smithing Stone #13: One can be purchased for 20,000 Runes from Gatekeeper Gostoc if he is alive as a merchant in Godrick’s Throneroom after Nepheli’s questline.
If you’re playing and enjoying the game, good for you! You might have questions though, so we have some guides to help you out. When making a character, picking the right class is important. Figure out how to level up your character once you’re in the game. From there, you might want to learn how to upgrade gear, or maybe how to find powerful weapons, like the Meteorite Staff. Or perhaps you’re a melee player and want that shiny new Rivers of Blood katana to hack away with? There are also tons of crafting jobs to be done, like making multiple types of arrows.