Warhammer 40000: Inquisitor – Martyr has had some trouble getting the war started, so to speak. Despite the issues with the game and its various development troubles, Neocore Games have done an admirable job keeping the content and updates coming nonetheless. One of the areas left lacking in the loot RPG is the end-game, which the upcoming Warzone update is looking to fix.
The Warzone update is essentially and endless dungeon that can be unlocked and functions as a skill and strength test for experienced players. This new mode features a mini-story with 5 chapters and a new setting. Completing these five chapters and beating the final boss will unlock an endless version of the Warzone.
How does it work?
- You need to have a Power Rating of 1100 to be able to participate.
- Travel to the Lacaon System and locate the point of interest marked with an Inquisitorial sign.
- There are 5 narrative Stages (with their own storylines), and each narrative Stage consists of 10 battles.
- Battles have certain Hazards (challenge parameters), one is unlocked at the end of every Stage
- In the Warzone you will be able to gain new rewards, collect Favours, unlock three passive and an active skill slot.
- Skill slots are gained by advancing your ranking in the Warzone, and these skills are only usable in the Warzone. Overall there are 20 passive and 4 active skills to choose from.
- Favours will be later used for summoning the Nemesis.
- After the 50th battle, an endless mode will be available.
In one final bizarre twist, the final boss at the end of the Warzone—The Nemesis—is yet to be added to the game, and should be arriving in the next major update. It seems Neocore is sticking to a seasonal release schedule for major content like this, so these staggered release dates may well remain a thing. This is something that hardcore players of Warhammer 40000: Inquisitor – Martyr will probably be annoyed by.
Despite these kinds of issues, the game has done a decent job capturing the grim look and feel of the battle against Chaos, and if these content updates keep coming, this game might turn into something much more interesting. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Neocore released a new trailer for the update as well, which can be seen below.