Warframe Update 28.3.0 is here, bringing a bunch of changes that fans are going to be excited about. The changes are all about streamlining and improving gameplay ahead of the launch of Heart of Deimos.
One of the bigger changes is that the current Derelict Key System requirement to access Orokin Derelicts has been removed. The Credit and resource costs for any Dragon Keys in your inventory when the patch goes live have been refunded. You will no longer need specific Keys to access these Void missions. The change makes the whole system much more accessible.
After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to make it through all of the new and old content.
Along with these changes to the endgame, gamers can expect a few technical and bug fixes as well. Players will also notice that the Warframe Update 28.3.0 patch has changed some UI elements to update them, making things like the Inbox easier to deal with. This will be interesting to see what else DE changes in the future.
Check out the full patch notes for Derelict Shift, Warframe Update 28.3.0 down below.
Warframe Update 28.3.0 Patch Notes
OROKIN DERELICTS HAVE MOVED!
In advance of the official Heart of Deimos update, Orokin Derelict Nodes have found a new home orbiting Mars and no longer require Keys to play! All Keys in your Inventory or in-progress in the Foundry have had their Credit and Resource costs refunded, while Nav Coordinates can be sold for extra Credits (see below)! Once Heart of Deimos launches, the Derelict node will become Deimos, along with two new nodes: The Cambion Drift and Necralisk!
This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?
The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.
- The Helminth Infirmary has been visually expanded! Make yourself familiar with Helminth before THE HELMINTH launches with the Heart of Deimos. For now you’ll still need a Cyst to enter the room so you can simply gaze at the Helminth in awe (read: disgust).
- Nav Coordinates can now be sold for 25 Credits and Lephantis Nav Coordinates for 500 Credits.
Since our Dev Workshops in early 2020, we have made a lot of progress behind the scenes on UI updates and changes. The End-of-Mission re-design is here, and it adheres to feedback we received as well as our own direction to better showcase your Warframes and your squads Warframes!
In general, these UI screens have been updated with fresh looks and will reflect your chosen UI Theme! More changes to come!
The End of Mission / Mission Progress screen have also received some functionality changes:
- Added Collapse/Expand buttons (arrow with a +/× inside).
- Rewards can be sorted by IMPORTANCE, NAME, or TYPE.
- The Rewards section now has a Search bar.
- STATS and PROGRESSION can be selected via the bottom right of the screen.
- End of Mission screen now includes “Medals”! These are fun stats that highlight unique mission achievements aside from the usual, such as Lockers Opened, Syndicate Medallions Found, and much more!
- More Medals to come as we continue working on these UI screens!
Numerous generic UI screens have also been updated! Such as the ‘FILTER MODS’ screen, when adding a custom Loc-Pin in a Free-Roam mission, selecting Friends to Batch Remove, etc:
The Steel Path Changes:
Resource Drop Chance Boosters now apply to Steel Essence and Riven Sliver drops within Steel Path missions.
To confirm player theories and clarify, previous to this Hotfix Resource Drop Chance Boosters did not affect Steel Essence or Riven Sliver drops in The Steel Path. It was not our intention to hide or subvert that information in game, and we should have clarified more quickly that this was the case.
Saying this doesn’t change what appears to be the broader issue, which is concerns with Steel Essence drop rates. We are still gathering data on acquisition rates – but ultimately we are all hands on deck working to make Heart of Deimos the best it can be for August 25th. As of this Hotfix, any Tenno who have already walked The Steel Path will receive a Resource Drop Chance Booster.
This Hotfix ensures that Resource Drop Chance Boosters work within The Steel Path for Riven Slivers and Steel Essence. They were initially turned off to ensure the inherent Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster worked as intended. Like the initial Arcane Marketplace in Scarlet Spear, we wanted to ensure the automatic ‘100% Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster’ didn’t unintentionally scale for Resources specific to the Steel Path (Riven Slivers and Steel Essence). This unfortunately also affected player obtained reward Resource Drop Chance Boosters.
Thank you all for the feedback so far on The Steel Path, it helps to shape our knowledge and decisions moving forward.
Zephyr Airburst Changes:
- Zephyr’s Airburst Ability now has 2 behaviours based on if you’re HOLDING to cast vs TAP to cast:
- Zephyr’s Airburst original functionality is now activated by HOLDING to cast.
- Generate a burst of massively dense air that explodes on contact and sends enemies flying. Launch Airbursts into Tornadoes to make them grow.
- By TAPPING Zephyr’s Airburst, it now sucks in enemies instead of pushing them away.
- Increased Airburst projectile speed by 50%.
- Increased Airburst casting animation speed by 20%.
Trinity Well of Life Changes:
Well of Life now passively heals allies in a radius around the target (base 100 Health per second within 8 meters). Shooting the held target gives extra Health to all allies in range (base 1% of damage dealt to the victim) instead of only the person who made the attack.
Well of Life also no longer increases the Health of the target (this was an old solution to prevent other players from killing the target too fast). Instead it now uses a more modern approach similar to Nyx’s Mind Control where the Damage gets stored and dealt at the end of the Ability.
General Warframe Ability Changes:
- Increased the Cold Status Effects from 1 to 6 for these Frost Abilities (which brings it back to pre-Status Changes):
- Freeze (Area of Effect)
- Ice Wave (slow)
- Avalanche (slow)
- Ivara’s Artemis Bow now has 20% Status Chance per projectile. Also slightly tweaked how Status Chance and Multishot are displayed in Arsenal stats.
- Made Loki’s decoy more visible with darker Energy colors and will now use secondary Energy colors.
- Tweaked Mag’s Greedy Pull to pull over 0.75 seconds (down from 1.0).
- Wukong’s Iron Staff now has a 100% Damage block.
- All melee weapons are intended to have perfect blocking after Melee 3.0, Wukong’s staff just slipped through the cracks.
- Warframe Blueprint and Component costs from Simaris have been reduced by 50%!
- Operator Amps damage conversion Arcanes now convert to 98% max so they can always deal a bit of Void Damage.
- The Defense alarm will now sound at the start of every Wave in Orokin Defense missions.
- Added the ‘infinite’ UI symbol to the Zeniths Secondary Fire Punch Through.
- Increased Jackal Grid Wall damage attack but removed its ability to apply a Status Effect.
- Added a Parazon spinning Revive animation when Reviving a player with the Parazon equipped.
- Improvements towards AI pathing flow in Corpus Ship tilesets.
- Removed unintended dirtiness on the Limbo Limina Collection items.
- Every squadmate now gets a single Dojo Pigment drop per enemy killed, rather than 1 player getting 1-4 Pigments.
- Updated ‘Solaris’ named Dojo decorations to ‘Orb Vallis’.
- Made a slight boost to the muzzle flash size to improve visibility on Corinth Prime.
- Cleaned up Melee grip FX across all Prime, Syndicate, Prisma, etc. weapons.
- Added FX pulses to K-Drive Race points. Also removed a rogue point in one of the Orb Vallis Races.
- Cleaned up the Lenz FX.
- Made micro-optimizations to some UI screens/systems.
- Optimized UI text rendering.
- Made a number of micro-optimizations to UI and FX rendering.
- Made some micro-optimizations for dual-core systems with simultaneous multi-threading.
- Made several micro-optimizations to flash rendering.
- Made some micro-optimizations to rope physics.
- Made systemic micro-optimizations to the script runtime.
- Optimized level load-times.
- Fixed Projectile Armaments (like Apoc) not gaining the damage bonus from the Hyperstrike Avionic.
- Fixed Valence Fusion failing between Tier 2 Armaments with a “perfect” stat roll and a Tier 3 Armament with a lesser stat roll.
- Fixed Client player able to start a Railjack mission after being invited to the Host’s Orbiter.
- Fixed the “Kill Asteroid Base Commander” POI on Saturn spawning Kosma enemies instead of Gyre enemies.
- Fixed placeholder text appearing while piloting Railjack with the Tactical Menu open.
- Fixed Avionics not stacking in the end of mission screen rewards.
- Fixed being able to open the Orbiter Equipment screen when in the Railjack.
- Fixed the “Venus Miner” Nightwave Act not tracking for Mining done in Deck 12.
- Fixed an issue where the controller trigger buttons would behave incorrectly and become temporarily unresponsive, particularly at higher framerates.
- Fixed being unable to go to selected Market items’ details page when the dropdown menu is open while using a controller.
- Fixed crashing when attempting to spam Specter spawns when in Titania’s Razorwing.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if you shut the game down while customizing your Liset.
- Fixed becoming stuck on the Relic selection screen during an endless Void Fissure mission if a Host migration occurred.
- Fixed a game freeze forcing you to reload after opening a Chat linked item in the Void Relic screen, and then opening your Profile.
- Fixed pause menu getting stuck in a disabled state when going to the Upgrade screen and Mod screen multiple times via the Upgrade screen’s ‘Mods’ button.
- Fixed inability to start any previously unlocked Steel Path nodes if there is an active Quest mission on that node.
- Fixed getting stuck in a falling loop if you fall off of the retractable bridge in the Gas City tileset.
- Fixed numerous issues with broken K-Drive Races for Clients such as an inability to start a Race that the Host just completed, no Score being recorded if both Host/Client does the same Race, and Clients initiating the Host’s Race for them when selecting a Race.
- Fixed water levels in Cambria, Earth Spy Vault not dropping all the way down below the door if both players hack panels at the same time.
- Fixed inability to reload your Primary/Secondary after performing a stealth Melee takedown on a Moa (any variant) while a Primary or Secondary weapon is equipped in hand, due to the Melee weapon attaching to the hand of the Warframe instead of returning to the holster position.
- Fixed the Athodai Alt Fire only draining the Magazine down by 24 Ammo (the default) rather than drain the Magazine to 0 as intended when equipped with Magazine capacity increase Mods.
- Fixed ability to teleport Excavators with Nova’s Wormhole.
- Fixed the Stug’s alt-fire doing self-damage.
- Fixed Defense mover objectives (Gulliver on Phobos & Hydron on Sedna) affected by Limbo’s Rift continue to take damage regardless of Rift status.
- Fixed a location where Drones in the Plains of Eidolon Bounties could get stuck inside a tent.
- Fixed Diriga and NPCs not shooting Sapping Osprey mines (they will prioritize enemies first though).
- Fixed the Veratria Blade and Whip skin affecting the reliability of heavy attacks.
- Fixed some Disruption Conduit effects not triggering in Corpus Ship Disruption missions.
- Fixed standing dead-center underneath Jackal’s Grid Wall resulting in only dealing initial damage and never ticking again. As reported here.
- Fixed Scanner becoming unequipped when Transferring in/out of the Operator.
- Fixed Treasurers teleporting out of the Simulacrum when spawned as ‘Unpaused’.
- Fixed inability to use your Secondary after aiming down sights of the Kuva Quartakk and swapping to their Secondary.
- Fixed Slide Kicking/Bullet Jumping a knocked down enemy resulting in multiple hits.
- Fixed a small time window after Protea’s dodge where you were unable to cast Abilities.
- Fixed Protea not using her special dodge forward/left anims when using a Whip.
- Fixed Protea’s Shield Satellites orbiting at the feet of AI.
- Fixed other players being able to see Protea’s Blaze Artillery hit counter.
- Fixed Mirage Hall of Mirror clones not copying certain animations (Ability casts, Emotes, etc).
- Fixed Trinity’s Well of Life and Energy Vampire ignoring chosen Energy color.
- Fixed issues with the Inaros Prime Skin causing the Inaros Helmets to deform.
- Fixed missing FXs in the Sacrifice Vitruvian screens.
- Fixed ability to escape the Corpus Ship Bridge Captura Scene by using Titania’s Razorwing.
- Fixed the Akjagara having both the right-handed version of the Pistol, instead of the intended left & right handed versions that play into the custom reload animation.
- Fixed arrows being misplaced when equipping the Dryad Bow Skin on the Kuva Bramma.
- Fixed some two-handed Melee weapons (i.e. Hammer Zaw (Rabvee), Heavy Blade Zaw (Dokrahm), Kuva Shildeg) sticking to your hand no matter what you’re doing.
- Fixed random bits of metal appearing when Khora Urushu’s custom Whip animation plays, as well as the Whip appearing bigger than intended.
- Fixed parts of the Khora Urushu Skin disappearing if Venari is missing (Dead, in a Relay, etc).
- Fixed the Nunchaku idle animation not canceling when interrupting it by moving.
- Fixed Reload animations that were started during jump animations and ending in a ground animation (e.g. idle) results in the hand being in the incorrect spot for the remainder of the animation (most apparent with weapons with big, removable cartridges like the Attica).
- Fixed Specific Weapons (E.g. Any variant of Braton or Viper) not playing their Reload animation during any Jump state (E.g. Double/Bullet Jump, Wall Run/Jump).
- Fixed the Gunsen not holstering properly.
- Fixed Warframe Mod capacity percentage bar not showing the correct drain when a Universal Aura Slot is equipped with an Aura Mod.
- Fixed Jackal assassinations not counting in the ‘Corpus Boss Kill’ profile stat.
- Fixed the Titania Mab Helmet (+ Blueprint) using the Titania Aurai Helmet icon in the Inventory or Market.
- Fixed switching back and forth between Melee weapon and Exalted Melee weapon causing the Arsenal stats to stack indefinitely.
- Fixed kills with the Battacor’s Alt Fire contributing towards its charges.
- Fixed some Ephemera FX lingering when viewing Market screens.
- Fixed the ‘DEFAULT COLORS’ Appearance option becoming hidden by the Chat window due to the ‘TOGGLE PRIME DETAILS’ option.
- Fixed Consumables without a description showing the description of the previous item in the Gear Wheel.
- Fixed single-handed Secondaries appearing to be dual-wielding while in Archwing after using Archwing Launcher.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting with an Arch Gun after firing could have the player sprinting sideways or backwards.
- Fixed visual pop when transitioning from a non-free-cam cinematic to a free-cam cinematic.
- Fixed enemies in Dropships not counting towards the number of living enemies until they dropped down, causing some spawning counting issues.
- Fixed audio desyncs when pausing during a Transmission when set to Solo Matchmaking.
- Fixed unnecessary death sound on Tusk Eximus units.
- Fixed overlapping UI in the Star Chart when hovering over nodes.
- Fixed Vapos enemies and several items introduced in the Gas City remaster missing from the Codex, even though they were shown as scannable. The following will now appear in your Codex:
- Biogas Barrel
- Helium Barrel
- Vector Shield
- Vapos Detron Ranger
- Vapos Sniper Ranger
- Vapos Tech Ranger
- Vapos Nullfier Ranger
- Distressed Pipes
- Fixed a script error that could occur when starting a mission from the Star Chart.
- Fixed script error you could encounter when returning to Dry Dock from Railjack mission.
- Potential fix for ultra-rare script error that could occur when losing your K-Drive above a teleport volume with perfect timing.
- Fixed regular mission objective markers appearing in the Granum Void.
- Fixed some script errors related to The Steel Path.