Warframe Update 27.0.12 also includes a handful of other changes and fixes. It continues the work from the previous patches, bringing in more stuff for the Empyrean expansion. Whereas 27.0.11 had a ton of fixes for bugs and exploits, this latest patch makes the whole thing run a bit better with performance optimizations.
The new patch also includes some adjustments to various gameplay elements. The Railjack is once again the focus of another patch cycle. Given that the new space battles were the focus of the expansion, it makes sense. For one thing, looting is now easier. Loot gathered when on-foot in a Point of Interest, Crewship, and from killing a Boarding Party are now shared between the whole squad. Avionics and Wreckage dropped in Railjack missions will now display a distance marker too, making it all easier.
There have been optimization passes on some areas of the Railjack and it’s related mechanics, so things should run a bit smoother. The base UI and scripting engines have been handed an optimization pass too. A handful of UI bugs relating to marker displays, loot and a few other areas have been patched.
Those interested can find the full patch notes down below.
Warframe Update 27.0.12 Patch Notes
For every Sentient Anomaly POI that you complete you’ll earn a new Anomaly Shard; a shard ripped from a Sentient Anomaly in the Veil Proxima!
- As mentioned in 27.0.11, we wanted to implement a more token based system to obtain the Tenebrous Ephemera that we removed from the drop table. An Anomaly Shard is 100% guaranteed at End of Mission for every Sentient Anomaly POI you complete.
Little Duck + Exotic Goods
Little Duck is no stranger to Exotic goods – an Amp assembler and Toroid master, the strong and the strange are what she makes her business on. Her interest in Anomaly shards allows you to access new Exotic Goods:
- Tenebrous Ephemera
- ALL Sentient Captura Scenes
- Sentient Captura Scenes have also been removed from the drop table and will be purchasable from Little Duck exclusively.
Railjack Additions, Changes & Fixes:
- Sharing is caring! Loot gathered when on-foot in a Point of Interest, Crewship, and from killing a Boarding Party are now shared between the whole squad, so you don’t individually need to go collect the loot if you’re busy Piloting, Engineering, etc!
- This excludes Health, Ammo, and Energy pickups. Also, AFK players do not get the items shared and cannot pick them up later.
- Minor Breaches, Fires, and Electrical traps now restore Railjack Health once again when a Catastrophic Failure breach is active!
- The Health return was removed in 27.0.10 due to being used to manipulate Railjack invulnerability.
- Added tips to the “Configure Railjack” screen in the Dojo. Simply hover over the “i” icon in the bottom right corner to learn more about each category!
- Avionics and Wreckage dropped in Railjack missions will now display a distance marker!
- The distance marker will appear when the Avionic or Wreckage is near the center of the screen, regardless of how far it is!
- Updated the ‘Components and Armaments Slots’ description to clarify that they do not apply to Wreckage, only Repaired Wreckage.
- Made a micro-optimization to the Railjack UI.
- For those wondering: Micro-optimizations means small adjustments were made to improve performance without any changes to the game’s behavior. So you shouldn’t see anything change except that game runs a little faster!
- Made a micro-optimization to a common function used by Railjack game-code.
- Made a micro-optimization to numerous Railjack missions.
- Made a micro-optimization to Railjack lighting.
- Made some micro-optimizations to HUD marker performance, especially on Railjack.
- Fixed a crash when the Host aborted from a completed Railjack mission.
- Fixed a rare crash if you were connecting to a squad while another player was dealing damage with a Railjack weapon.
- Fixed a crash when fighting Sentients in the Sentient Anomaly POI.
- More fixes towards broken Dry Docks when some players have different progression into the Rising Tide quest.
- Fixed cases of Turrets being inoperable if a Host migrates while they were operating it.
- Fixed Client bodies disappearing, Railjack turning into just black walls, and more bad states if they were operating a Turret when the Host migrates.
- Fixed Clients dying and being Revived when operating a Turret resulting in the Railjack disappearing.
- Fixed Clients crashing if the Host migrated during a Critical Breach.
- Fixes toward Railjack Fast Travel not working properly while operating a Turret.
- Some issues still persist that we are investigating!
- Fixed Wing Turrets moving their positions each time a Client mounts them.
- Fixed exiting the Railjack with Hildryn’s Balefire active defaulting you to Unarmed with no Arch-Gun.
- Fixed weird camera rotations after launching out of the Archwing Slingshot.
- Fixed the Quick Progress screen not being usable after the first node transition in Railjack.
- Fixed Lavan Elemental Reduction Avionics gain nothing from being Upgraded to Rank 1 unless on an Upgraded Grid.
- Fixed Sentient Cores displaying the wrong marker after being picked up.
- Fixed a couple issues of hangar doors on the Missile Platform not opening for Clients.
- Fixed a script error when an enemy Crewship deploys their healing bubble.
- Fixed a script error in the Railjack UI.
- Defense Waves will now complete if NPCs are downed (but not dead), except for the final Wave, where all NPCs must be taken care of.
- Removed the hit-scan tracers from Imperator Vandal as it’s now a projectile weapon.
- Optimized server-side code for game log-in.
- Optimized enemy Enemy class hierarchy slightly.
- Improved robustness of a script interface to try to avoid scripts breaking if you switched to your Operator at the wrong time.
- Made some systemic optimizations to the script runtime.
- Made some micro-optimizations to the UI system.
- Improved error handling in cache optimizer (some errors like being out of space) would trigger silent abort; it should now properly send you to https://www.warframe.com/en/iofail as intended.
- Updated the “Boss Kills” section of the Profile stats to include 5 years of game updates (untouched since Update 14!).
- Not only does this stat include the updated boss types it now includes special bosses like the Hemocyte and Razorback. There are a few known issues for some bosses that remain.
- Hydroid, Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage ability videos have been added to their respective Arsenals!
- Increased the scan projector FX when Conserving on the Orb Vallis to address colorblind difficulty.
Upgraded our compiler toolchain:
- Improved code-generation for certain types of compiler optimizations.
- Fixed a performance regression in some rare cases for Ryzen processors.
- Fixed inability to use any Piloting maneuvers due to left stick being bound to zoom, effectively ignoring callouts in Intrinsic details screen.
- Fixed the Upgrade screen for Avionics in the Dry Dock missing button callouts for Upgrading when using a controller.
- Fixed LTHUMB button worked to activate the Search box even when the picker wasn’t visible in the Avionics screen.
- Fixed the Left/Right bumpers not functioning in the Avionics Upgrade Screen.
- Fixed the Sort menu not working in any of the Avionics screens.
- Fixed becoming stuck in the Avionics screen and having to restart the game.
- Fixed inability to exit the Avionic Grid Upgrade screen if you place your virtual cursor over a Grid.
- Fixed several crashes and hangs on Windows 10 when an audio device is unplugged or changed.
- Fixed a rare crash when using Profile > Log Out from the menu.
- Fixes towards pathing issues with the Drone in the Plains of Eidolon. This also fixes a very specific spot where the Drone would regularly get stuck. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/es51n3/cmon_de_its_been_2_years_why_do_we_still_need_a/
- Most noticeable in Plague Star at the moment, but still existed outside the Operation with Plains Bounties. We’ll continue to check up on this issue.
- Fixed the Vengeful Charge Ephemera providing constant light source for Mirage’s Eclipse, resulting in a cosmetic granting the light buff to remain 99% of the time.
- Fixed Mission Time carrying over from time spent in Dojos or Relays.
- Fixed Mission Time including the time spent in your Orbiter after aborting a mission prior.
- Fixed your Kuva Lich having the default Excalibur Helmet on their shoulder if you killed the Kuva Larvling as a Client.
- Fixed Tactical Reload, Lock and Load, and Eject Magazine Mods not functioning for Clients.
- Fixed toggle sprint carrying over into Wukong’s Cloud Walker (normal hold sprint did not).
- Fixed Ivara’s Navigator cast animation not being replicated between Host/Client, resulting in no sound or movement.
- Fixed the Quellor Alt Fire being silent when it’s meant to be Alarming (as indicated in the Arsenal).
- Fixed enemies being immune to Vauban’s Bastille if they were ragdolled out of it previously.
- Fixed Excalibur’s Chromatic Blade elemental FX and statistics on Exalted Blade not updating after you change your Energy colour. Instead, they are stuck on the default Electricity element.
- Fixed Inaros getting stuck in his Devour animation if Devour is cast on an enemy that dies at the exact same time.
- Fixes towards the Octavia’s Anthem music note FX trail disappearing when you locate and collect the first or second Mandachord part.
- Fixed Coildrives in Orb Vallis never despawning if the player doesn’t move and the Coildrive has passengers still inside.
- Fixed dispatched Drop Pod NPCs being confused at their own existence by standing stationary and staring into the sky contemplating life as ‘just another clone’.
- Fixed Volt visually missing his arm rings in his Codex/Market diorama.
- Fixes towards Ivara Prime’s helmet cloth clipping through her forehead.
- Fixed cases of Warframe stats appearing unranked when viewed in the Arsenal.
- Potential fix towards Resource Crate names lingering after being destroyed.
- Fixes towards odd pathing behaviors with the Jordas Golem.
- Fixed the Primary and Secondary weapons Upgrade > Actions screen including the Umbra Forma in the UI count of how many Forma you have.
- Fixed a UI error when selecting certain enemies in the Simulacrum that you don’t have fully scanned.
- Fixed some distortion FX on the Ice Planet’s heat generators and improved their performance by removing a bunch of scripts to animate them.
- Fixed distortions being offset with Dynamic Resolution enabled.
- Fixed Sigma Series Sugatra not being positioned correctly on Glaives.
- Fixed some items in the Market having overlapping text (Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment, etc).
- Fixed a potential crash in the Weapon Upgrade screen.
- Fixed a script error in the Focus Arsenal screen.