With the newest patch to Warframe, version 25.6.0, DE has implemented a bunch of balance changes and reworked some existing mechanics.
More than a dozen Augments were adjusted with this patch. All of the changes have the potential to really shake up the build meta-game, giving fans a ton of new options for customization. 22 different augmented mods overall have been tweaked, check all the changes in the patch notes below. In many cases though, the changes are a slight buff.
And with the rest of the update, Digital Extremes made sure to improve performance and fix a handful of bugs. A handful of audio related issues have been patched as well. Other gameplay-related fixes and changes include a new Arsenal setup. Loadouts in the UI now have a much more streamlined layout. For one thing, your loadouts are easier to access and you also get way more information about your different loadouts.
Check out the full patch notes down below. Warframe is out now as a free-to-play game on PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4. Developer Digital Extremes recently announced a new expansion, revealed at TennoCon, Empyrean would add a whole new dimension to the game through space combat.
Augment Tweaks: Update 25.6.0
- Themed Loadout Screens are here! This Arsenal screen has been completely redone to give you as much information about each loadout as possible on a single screen, while also providing new features like custom icons using any Glyph you own! We’ve gone from a single list with information only on hover to a complete presentation of all your Loadouts with the ability to favourite and more!
Augment Changes and Fixes:
Added numerous Warframe Ability Augment stats to the Ability Screen. We debuted this with Wukong’s rework, and you will now be able to directly see the Stat changes associated with Augments on the Abilities!
Reworked the following Augments:
If you checked out the linked Dev Workshop – you’ll know a bit of the method behind these small tweaks. We’re just pushing a bunch of Augments into a stronger direction. Please be aware this isn’t reflective of the entire thought process behind Augments overall (i.e some lesser use ones haven’t been buffed). While many responses to this have been to ‘simply add an Augment slot’, that is a way bigger conversation and choice beyond the micro-changes here.
Hysterical Assault – Hysteria Augment – Valkyr
- Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas
- Increased Range
Rising Storm – Blade Storm Augment – Ash
- Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter
- Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration
Titanic Rumbler – Rumblers Augment – Atlas
- Increase to damage and speed
- Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect
Hallowed Eruption – Hallowed Ground Augment – Oberon
- Additional passive ability that adds 100% to Hallowed Ground duration
- Always applies radiation status on detonation
Furious Javelin – Radial Javelin Augment – Excalibur
- Increase duration and damage on the buff
Tidal Impunity – Tidal Surge – Hydroid
- Increase the duration of the immunity buff
Magnetized Discharge – Magnetize Augment – Mag
- Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only
Muzzle Flash – Shooting Gallery Augment – Mesa
- For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met
Explosive Legerdemain – Sleight of Hand Augment – Mirage
- Increase damage and status chance when triggered
Total Eclipse – Eclipse Augment – Mirage
- Increase range on the buff to other players
Piercing Roar – Roar Augment – Rhino
- Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
- Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
- Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits
Contagion Cloud – Toxic Lash Augment – Saryn
- Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
- General increase on range and damage
Transistor Shield – Electric Shield Augment – Volt
- No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
- Increase damage conversion %
Target Fixation – Tail Wind Augment – Zephyr
- Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
- Damage increase per target hit
Fireball Frenzy – Fireball Augment – Ember
Freeze Force – Freeze Augment – Frost
Smite Infusion – Smite Augment – Oberon
Venom Dose – Spores Augment – Saryn
Shock Trooper – Shock Augment – Volt
- Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster
Sonic Fracture – Sonic Boom Augment – Banshee
- Armor Reduction is applied even if Ragdoll fails.
Smoke Shadow – Smoke Screen Augment – Ash
- Increased Range.
Piercing Navigator – Navigator Augment – Ivara
- Added 3m Punch Through to Projectile.
- Optimized numerous scripts across the game.
- Fixed being unable to sprint in Archwing if the player is mid Slide and then launches the Archwing while still holding Slide.
- Fixed collision issues with Nyx’s Hecaton Shotgun skin.
- Fixed issues with Ephemeras not disappearing when the wearer is gone (i.e in and out of Operator).
- Fixed an FX leak on the Spore Ephemera.
- Fixed issues on Grineer Shipyards Defense where Ancients could get stuck.
Fixed Lega and Klamora Prisms pointlessly showing Ammo.Test build bug.
- Fixed Captura camera continuing to play even when not in free-cam mode, causing weird blur issues.
- Fixed missing sound effect when Hallowed Eruption is detonated