With all of the negative backlash against Warcraft 3 Reforged, Blizzard has been caught on the back foot. The release of the remaster was met with sharp criticism over its relatively light amount of actual changes. One of the more serious complaints is that gamers noticed a major difference between what the hype promised and what was delivered. Many fans point to the distinct lack of quality for in-game cutscenes as a sign that Blizzard didn’t deliver what was promised. Now, Blizzard is attempting to right some of these wrongs with a new patch, Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.1.
Within Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.1, there’s a handful of changes to gameplay, that should make players happier with the state of the game. The fog of war should work properly again. And units who train off-screen should now play voice clips as a signal. Folks playing in Classic graphical mode will also notice minor graphical tweaks. And yes, some cutscenes have also been reworked, although do not expect the full 3D renditions promised in trailers for the game.
Some bugs and other problems have been addressed in Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.1 as well. Players will now no longer mess up their progress if they crash out of the game. And speaking of crashes, some issues with crashes and progression being lost or blocked have been fixed.
Those interested can find the full Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.1 patch notes below.
Warcraft 3 Reforged 1.32.1 Patch Notes
- Players should no longer encounter a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Adjusts audio levels for some dialogue.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
• Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
• Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- Updates the rendering of Classic mode.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Fog of war once again obscures the starting locations.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
• Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.