Console Commands are a fixture of cheating and modding in modern PC gaming. Developers leave them in games to test bugs, and to ensure new updates don’t break things. Modders will often make use of them to modify game files and bugfix. But if you’re just a normal player, you might want to use these to cheat at the game you’re playing. Maybe you want to get past that tough boss you can’t beat. Valheim console commands do all that and more.
Here are the Valheim console commands that you want to keep close by. If you need to remove a cheater from your game, you can ban them with these console commands. If you want to give yourself invulnerability, you can do that too.
How to enable console commands
While playing the game, press ESC + F5 to display the console window. Typing “devcommands” will add a bunch of additional commands.
Now that you’re ready to go, you can then use the commands at-will. Let’s start with the more basic commands that don’t affect gameplay.
Basic Valheim Console Commands
- kick [name/ip/userID] – Kick the user.
- ban [name/ip/userID] – Ban the user.
- unban [ip/userID] – Unban the user.
- banned – Shows a list of banned users.
- ping – Send a ping to the server to ger your latency.
- lodbias [number] – Set distance lod bias. If empty shows actual lodbias. By default 1.5
- info – Print system info
With these commands, you can pretty effectively run a server, but you can of course go farther. Maybe you just want to screw around and be immortal. Or maybe you need to get unstuck from a broken environment or scripting bug. You can use the Cheat Valheim Console Commands listed below to do that. You can enable god mode, teleport across the map, and just be a major power with a few simple commands.
Cheat Valheim Console Commands
- god – enables god mode
- pos – print current player position
- goto [x,z] – teleport
- killall – kill nearby enemies
- exploremap – explore entire map
- resetmap – reset map exploration
- tame – tame all nearby tameable creatures
- location – spawn location
- freefly – freefly photo mode
- ffsmooth – freefly smoothness
- event [name] – start event
- stopevent – stop current event
- raiseskill [skill] [amount] – raise skill lvl
- resetcharacter – reset character data
- dpsdebug – toggle dps debug print
- save – force saving of world
- resetwind – reset wind
- removedrops – remove all item-drops in area
- players [nr] – force difficulty scale (0 = Reset)
Spawning Item Codes
You can also spawn in items in Valheim. Once you have enabled the cheats listed above, you can spawn in anything as long as you know the item ID. You use the Spawn command like this: spawn [itemID] [Amount]
Confirming that code with something like “spawn Raspberry 10” will add 10 of the basic fruit to your game. Be careful about spawning too many items, as it can create lag. Here are the most useful item IDs in Valheim you can use to spawn these items.