Developer Bungie has been revealing what’s coming to Destiny 2: Beyond Light as the game enters its next phase. This memorable content was vaulted back in November before the launch of the new expansion when Bungie completely altered the landscape of the game. This new update will include a variety of changes to minor elements within Destiny 2, mostly aimed at balancing certain issues.
The Prophecy dungeon launched in Destiny 2 back in June, adding a new storyline to the game that players could complete to learn more about the lore behind the title. Later, a whole slate of Destiny 2 content was removed from the game, with no indication when it might return. It appears as though Bungie had some secret plans after all.
Bungie included an update on Prophecy’s return in its latest This Week at Bungie blog post.
Bungie has also revealed some very intriguing stats about the launch of the Deep Stone Crypt Raid, with more than 250,000 players having already completed it. The challenge was even overcome by nearly 30,000 players on day one alone. The studio also said that players have spent 7,156,651 hours in the raid over the first ten days. And finally, nearly 1,000,000 players have unlocked the Lament quest so far.
The Prophecy Dungeon will be brought into the game in its new form in those patches following update 3.0.1 You can check out some of the other fixes and tweaks coming in Destiny 2 update 3.0.1 down below.
UPDATE 3.0.1Today, December 3, background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- December 3, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 3, 2PM PST (2200 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1. completes.
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won’t be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
NEXT-GEN CONSOLESWhen Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch – pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
Additionally, the updated Storage Requirements for Destiny 2 are as follows:
Platform Destiny 2 Install Size Free Space Needed to Update Xbox Series X|S 70.0 GB 70.0 GB PlayStation 5 67.0 GB 67.0 GB PlayStation 4 70.78 GB 70.78 GB Xbox One 65.7 65.7 PC 69.7 GB* 69.7 GB** PC: Destiny 2 install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.UPCOMING RESOLVED ISSUES
- Below is a list of some issues expected to be resolved with Update 3.0.1:
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The “Wanted: The Fanatic” Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- “The Hit List” Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The Adored Sniper Rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Players who are colorblind may have difficulties seeing trails in Wrathborn Hunts.
- In the Last Wish raid, players will get the “Place Relic” prompt for Riven’s Heart even if they aren’t holding it.
- The Binary System ornament for Symmetry disables enemy highlighting in seeker mode.
- Some players are being forced to reacquire the Cryptolith Lure every time they launch the game.
- Major enemies that drop Moon weapon parts aren’t spawning.
- The Scourge of the Past armor can’t take Season of Arrivals mods.
- The Strength of Memory Challenge can’t be completed.
- Some icicles on the Rimed Ghost shell are black and don’t look like icicles.
- The Lost Lament quest sometimes progresses inconsistently/not at all and sometimes needs to be abandoned and reacquired to continue.
- Kills with the Jade Rabbit Exotic Scout Rifle no longer auto-refill its magazine.
- The Halcyon Visage Exotic Sparrow takes shaders poorly.
- The Selfie Emote functions poorly on ultrawide monitor setups.
- The Wisdom of the Witch Triumph no longer counts progress.
- Some players cannot progress past the first mission of A Guardian Rises.
- The Drifter sometimes misgenders players in idle dialogue and Gambit dialogue.
- Eris still has a Weekly Challenge for some players. This Weekly Challenge intentionally does not provide a Powerful reward.
- Flawless Execution on the Way of the Wraith Hunter subclass has a delayed trigger.
- Resetting Valor rank on step 4 of 5 on the Light Reforged Crucible quest prevents future Valor earned from being recorded for the quest.
- Multiple ships have their rocket effects floating behind the ship model.
- Shiver Strike Titan melee does not function with the Heavy Handed mod.
- Collections go back to the main menu instead of to the previous section.
- HDR isn’t working as intended.
- We’re investigating player reports that their veteran dialogue has been replaced with new character dialogue.