Publisher Ubisoft and developer Massive Entertainment have just pushed out another update for the ongoing loot shooter, The Division 2. The game is still going strong and getting new content and a bunch of fixes for bugs and issues.
The biggest change is the nullification of a major armor exploit which had major implications for the health of the game. The armor exploit involved players taking an piece of armor that had a relevant stat roll on it for armor amplification percentage. The player could then manipulate a bug in the Recalibration Station to get that percentage as high as possible. The bug could then allow armor to be scaled to insane levels. And of course, this had the potential to ruin PvP for the gamers having fun in the shooter, so Ubisoft needed to fix it.
A bunch of UI issues relating to map sizes and tutorial windows have been fixed in 3.1. The visibility of Collectibles and Caches on the in-game world map has also been increased to make looting easier. The update also fixes a handful of issues in certain missions that caused players to get stuck. Players also noticed other issues with gear rendering smaller than it’s supposed to in previous versions, this has been fixed for some items.
The patch doesn’t however introduce the new Gunner specialization. That new weapon, skill tree and gear set is slated to drop sometime this month though. Players can take the minigun-wielding class for a spin on the PTR starting on June 4th. And with the introduction of more endgame content in previous patches, it looks pretty bright for the game in the future.
It’s a fairly small patch, so at least it’s going to be easy to download. UPLAY and the Epic Games Store should both have the patch and begin pushing it to users when they login. And if you want to read more about the patch, check out the full notes down below.
The Division 2 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Patch 3.1 Patch Notes
- Increased tutorial font size on the Mega Map.
- Increased visibility on Collectibles and Caches in the Open World.
- Fixed an issue where the “Loot” tutorial at the beginning of the game wouldn’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where the Field Proficiency toast would not include the gained rewards.
- Fixed an issue where players could remain stuck in the Theater settlement after recruiting Inaya al-Khaliq.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the roof of the Grand Washington Hotel mission.
- Fixed an issue where Hunter Mask and Ivory Keys would not drop, even if the player correctly solved the riddle and killed the Hunter(s).
- This fix should allow players to re-do the Hunters and collect the Masks and Keys they are currently missing.
- Fixed an issue where the rate of fire on semi-automatic weapons would be lower than intended.
- Fixed an issue where face masks would appear smaller than intended.
- Fixed an issue where opening a Dark Hours Apparel Cache could cause a continuous loop.
- Fixed an error that removed the Loot All as Junk option. Sorry about that!
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would rush past players to get into cover.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would flank players too often.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would not react to any combat until reaching cover or having their movement interrupted.
- Fixed an exploit where armor would scale to unintended values when normalized.