One of the challenges this week in Fortnite is to destroy seven Fishing Rod Barrels. it’s a weird one for sure, but it’s very easy to do. You need to find seven of them, and they can be scattered all over the map. Here’s where to go to wrap the challenge up ASAP.
Start by heading to Craggy Cliffs, you’re going to get a lot of use out of this zone this week. Head back to the north shore and look for the small town inside the POI. The town has a bait and tackle shop in it, go there. It’s the small building across the street from the red-roofed one at the center of town. Look for the boats and other stuff surrounding it.
You will find one barrel outside the front door to the store, destroy that one; then head inside and look by the windows for another. Next, head upstairs and start hunting for more. There are three more fishing rod barrels at the top of the stairs, take those out then head down to your left, there will be two more fishing rod barrels inside the room against the walls.
You need to destroy seven Fishing Rod Barrels, so you will need to put in some time to find them all.
Thankfully, these barrels are not hard to destroy, you can just smack them with your harvesting tool for a quick kill.
And just for the sake of completeness, here are the rest of the challenges for Week 6 of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5:
- Blow up Fishing Holes at Sharky Shell, Sweaty Sands, or Flopper Pond (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Motorboats – (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Blow up Fishing Holes at Lazy Lake, Lake Canoe, and near Steamy Stacks – (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch Fish (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Signal the Coral Buddies (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Boats (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Destroy Fishing Rod Barrels (0/7) – 20000 XP
- Get Headshots – (20/40/60/80/100) – 55000 to 22000 XP