Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition coming soon, has a new trailer
Bandai Namco has released a new trailer for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. The new version of the classic JRPG brings upadated visuals and new gameplay elements to a wider audience.
This latest trailer showcases story bits and some of the characters in action. There’s a small teaser of gameplay in there as well. Yuri, Flynn, Estelle and the rest of the cast are looking sharp in this visually upgraded version of the last-gen JRPG.
Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Namco Tales Studio for the Xbox 360. The tenth mainline entry in the Tales series, it was published in Japan and North America by Namco Bandai Games in 2008, and in European territories by Atari in 2009. This new version is a full remaster with upgraded visuals and a revised control and battle system.
The game uses a special version of the Linear Motion Battle System, which allows players to have complete control over one character and switch between party members in battle, while the rest of the party is AI-controlled according to parameters you set. So think of it like any number of classic CRPGs with an AI script like KOTOR, but with an anime-laden JRPG.
Check out the trailer for the upgraded version of this great RPG down below. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will release worldwide (including Japan) on January 11th, 2019, for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch. Japanese fans are getting a full 10th Anniversary Edition though.
That 10th Anniversary set will include:
- A special box with artwork by Kousuke Fujishima
- 10th Anniversary Edition reversible box art
- Hardcover Memorial Art Book full of 10th anniversary content, including character illustrations and more
- Anniversary double acrylic plate featuring the characters of Brave Vesperia
- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike Blu-ray disc with bonus original new video content
- New video bonus #1: “Special Dramatic Skit: Reunion” – The party reunites after the events of the game. Hear the thoughts of fellow characters that you wouldn’t hear otherwise.
- New video bonus #2: Short Anime “Tales of Home Room ~Vesperia~” – A new short animation depicting the characters’ summer vacation.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.