SWTOR 5.3 Release Incoming, Here’s the Details
With SWTOR Patch 5.3 coming on July 11, the game is about to change in a ton of different ways. We’re here to help new and returning players cope with all the changes and new features.
Class Balance Changes
Chief among the list of changes for SWTOR in 5.3 is the extensive rebalance of the various classes and abilities in the game for PvP and PvE. You can check out all the changes in our recap. Suffice to say, the mix of nerfs and buffs should shift the meta-game enough that certain OP classes see a lot less use. BioWare are clearly attempting to regain a more distribution of player classes with 5.3
Not just content with shifting balance around, BioWare are including a slew of bug fixes in 5.3 as well.
Here’s the list:
- Improved Speeder Piloting 4 and 5 now works for all mounts.
- When creating a Cathar, the fur color 3 option will now be consistent regardless of what Cathar head is chosen.
- Players who are unable to retrieve Malavai Quinn or Elara Dorne from the Companion Locator Terminal should now be able to do so.
- Corrected an issue which was preventing players from progressing past the Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault.
- The following Decorations from the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event can now be donated to a player’s Guild:
- Dynamic Underworld Ceiling Light (Blue)
- Dynamic Underworld Ceiling Light (Red)
- Dynamic Underworld Ceiling Light (Yellow)
- Gambler’s Bar
- Gambler’s Mic Stand
- Gambler’s Party Floor
- Items that have two-letter words in their name (such as Altar of Skulls) can now be searched on the GTN without having to remove the two-letter word.
- The Gamorrean Guard Companion from the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event no longer requires Artifact Authorization for F2P and Preferred Status players.
- Master Mode Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown now progress the [WEEKLY] Galactic Conflict Mission as intended.
- Corrected a typo in the Mission [WEEKLY] Story Uprisings Mission which stated the player needed to complete 10 Uprisings, when they only need to complete 5.
- XenoAnalyst II from the Relics of the Gree event now drops Grey Helix Components as intended.
- Players who abandoned the Iokath Mission “Facing the Machines of War” can once again acquire it.
- Orbital Recon Probes will now always drop Orbital Recon Probe Memory Cores, even if they self-destruct (nice try, Orbital Recon Probes!). This is the objective of the Looking for Signs Daily Mission on Ziost.
New Stronghold Details
Bioware announced that players can now have an additional slot for Strongholds – up to 6 in total. As for the new Galactic Stronghold on Manaan, the prices for the initial purchase and room expansions have been detailed.
- Stronghold unlock: 2,500 CC or 2,500,000 Credits
- Room 1 – Interior Expansion: 1,400 CC or 2,000,000 Credits
- Room 2 – Rooftop Garden: 800 CC or 975,000 Credits
- Room 3 – Deepwater Sanctuary (South): 1,150 CC or 1,450,000 Credits
- Room 4 – Deepwater Sanctuary (North): 1,150 CC or 1,450,000 Credits
That’s a total of 7000 Cartel Coins or 8,4 mill credits. The total cost of a Guild Manaan Stronghold would be ~15 mill credits.
With only a few days left before the patch a great new teaser trailer showing off the central quest line for 5.3 has been released. Say hello to the Sisters of Carnage.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.