Respawn Entertainment has released a new update for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It’s mostly a bug fix update, but there are a few notable additions to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order coming with the patch. These are things that players have asked for since launch, so it’s nice to see them coming into the action game.
The big new addition is a full photo mode. Photo modes are something that we’re increasingly seeing in-game as both a fun aside and a marketing tool. And just like other iterations, players can pause action scenes and alter various elements to take their desired picture. Lighting and blocking options like zoom, tilt, exposure and more can now be tweaked. You can also add and remove filters, models and other elements in a scene for the pictures.
The second new feature is a customization tweak to Cal’s in-game lightsaber. There’s a pretty big story element in the game that entails the weapon, so some players have wanted the ability to hide that specific component. I won’t go into what it entails, as it’s very much a spoiler, but players will know it when they see it. The new option to hide the component is found in the customization menu.
Players reported a variety of crashes, those have been fixed. The patch also fixes some issues with collision detection and the AI routines, making the experience of playing more cohesive. One item of note is that bounty hunters should continue to pursue Cal now, as their previous iteration was bugged.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. You can find the full patch notes for the latest update down below.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order December 11th Update Patch Notes
- A Photo Mode has been added and can be accessed from within the game by pressing L3 and R3 at the same time.
- Implemented a toggle that will allow you to remove a specific part of Cal’s lightsaber from within the customization menu.
- We’ve made a pass of the game in an effort to reduce the number of crashes you should encounter. The end result of this is now a more stable game.
- Fixed collision issues across several planets in the game
- Collision within the caves and temple on Zeffo have been improved, reducing clipping issues and lowering the possibility of Cal becoming stuck.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Cal to become stuck in a floating state below the train on Bracca.
- We identified a few areas on Kashyyyk where Cal could fall out of the world, this will no longer happen.
- We’ve fixed some collision on Dathomir, preventing Cal from falling through the ground.
- Collision on Illum has also been improved, making sure that Cal doesn’t become stuck.
- During a fight with the Second Sister, it was possible for her to get stuck in a door. She has been freed.
- Bogano has had its collision improved, preventing Cal from becoming stuck on world geometry.
- In some rare cases, Cal was floating while on Kashyyyk. He has since been grounded.
- BD-1’s ability to slice panels was sometimes not working as intended, preventing you from progressing. This has been fixed and should no longer occur.
- A mural scan on Bogano wasn’t working properly, this should now be fixed.
- The train on Bracca could get stuck in a state where grates would fall off too early, preventing progress. We’ve fixed this so that Cal can continue climbing.
- On rare occasions Bounty Hunters would stop hunting Cal, we’ve now re-enabled their trackers, so be careful.
- For some players, BD-1 had gotten left behind on Bogano, preventing further progression. This should now be fixed.
- The chest count on some planets was not working as intended, this has been fixed.
- On rare occasions Greeze would refuse to open the ship doors and expose Cal to the sunlight on Dathomir. We’ve fixed this so that the story can continue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Holomap areas and gates from not working properly on Dathomir, Kashyyyk and Bogano.
- An issue would sometimes occur that would cause the Holomap tutorial on Bogano to remain on-screen. This has been resolved and it should no longer occur.
- An elevator on Zeffo could lead to Cal getting stuck in an infinite loop, our maintenance crews have fixed this particular elevator.
- A dropship on Zeffo wasn’t showing up as intended, preventing the player from progressing further. We’ve ensured all landing zones are clear for arrival and this should no longer occur.
- PC players were having issues selecting difficulty with the mouse, this should now be resolved.
- We’ve fixed an issue where Cal could avoid enemies on Zeffo, to the extent that gameplay events wouldn’t trigger, halting progression to the story.
- On rare occasions cinematics on Dathomir get stuck in an error state, preventing progress. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause world loading issues on Kashyyyk for players with double jump. We’ve optimised the level to ensure loading completes properly.