Mega Crit Games has a bit of bad news today for fans. The developer posted a new update on their site to give fans of Slay The Spire an update on the upcoming mobile port of the rogue-like action title. They did have some good news as well, but let’s get the bad news out out of the way first. the mobile port, initially set to release in the later part of 2019, has been delayed. However, it’s still coming soon, likely in early 2020.
In the announcement post, Mega Crit Games said “We had hoped to get mobile out by the end of the year but development with a custom engine can be a tricky thing,” the post reads. “We are close, and will have another status update for you in early 2020.” The developer pointed to myriad issues with the version and that the QA process needed more time to get the game to a playable state. The version that’s in testing now is mostly done though, so don’t distress about having to wait too long.
The good news for Slay The Spire fans is that the newest hero coming to the game is almost done. The Watcher is “A blind ascetic who has come to “Evaluate” the Spire. Master of the divine Stances.” The new character is a monk with mastery of different combat styles that are signified by different stances. The fast but careful playstyle of her mechanics should be interesting for a more considered and tactical player.
The developer is also dropping a patch that includes fixes for some bugs and some minor changes. The new version of the game will also update translations for various languages.
Check out the game in the trailer below. Admittedly it’s for the Switch version, but the mobile port should be fairly close to this.
So while we won’t get to play the mobile version of Slay the Spire quite on time, it should be out soon. Also, the developers did share a list of the new patch notes, which you can find below.
UI and Effects
- Updating asset for Duality relic to match flavor better.
- Updating Violet Lotus relic asset to be polished.
- Adding a VFX for attacking the Heart when playing the Watcher.
- Adding a VFX for Carnage card.
- Adding a VFX for Omega power when it deals damage.
- Adding SFX for Spit Web attack by Louse enemy.
- Adding VFX for Devotion card.
- Adding VFX for Flying Sleeves card.
- Adding VFX for Through Violence card.
- Cloak Clasp relic asset updated.
- Creating a VFX for the Watcher’s heart victory screen.
- Duality relic asset adjustments.
- Gremlin Horn relic now has polished art asset.
- Mushroom relic asset enlarged + polished.
- Oddly Smooth Stone relic gets updated to be smoother + high-res version when clicked.
- Updating assets for Golden Eye relic.
- Thanks to BDWSSBB for the following:
- Barrage card resolves 0.25s faster.
- Bite card VFX resolves 0.2s faster in fast mode.
- Charon’s Ashes resolves 0.15s faster per hit in fast mode.
- Claw card resolves 0.25s faster.
- Feel No Pain power resolves 0.15s faster per exhaust in fast mode.
- Fiend Fire card resolves 0.25s faster and 0.15s faster per card exhausted in fast mode.
- Fission card resolves 0.25s faster.
- Healing resolves 0.25s faster in fast mode. Blood Vial resolves 0.5s faster.
- Looter death speech bubble before combat end resolves 1.5s faster in fast mode.
- Recursion card resolves 0.15s faster in fast mode.
- Sneaky Strike card resolves 0.25s faster.
- Talk to the Hand power resolves 0.15s faster per hit in fast mode.
- Powers that gain Block at end of turn activate before cards like Burn play themselves.
- Fixed Flurry of Blows card typo.
- Fixed Unknown keyword being misspelled in French.
- Removing 3 unused sound assets.
- Thanks to BDWSSBB for the following:
- Adding hand update after card and potion use to fix general card information and glow issues.
- Fixed Confusion card not affecting cards reduced by Setup or Forethought.
- Fixed Judgement card not bypassing Intangible and Invincible powers.
- Fixed Necronomicon not activating on cost-X cards when played from effects (e.g. Mayhem).
- Fixed Tantrum card not exhausting when played by Omniscience.
- Updates for DEU, DUT, FRA, ITA, SPA, ZHS, ZHT
- Putting back old constructor of GainBlockAction.
- Ascension level increments even if you lose on Act 4+ instead of specifically Act 4 as mods may allow higher Acts.