Interactive Fate and Iceberg Interactive have announced a new space-based combat adventure in Shortest Trip to Earth.
There’s plenty of inspiration drawn from games like FTL and Star Control II. So expect lots of combat, moral choices and a bunch of frustration. Everything is a target in this galactic war, so be ready to shoot first and ask questions later.
Shortest Trip to Earth, which was formerly known as Rogue Ambassador, is a top-down spaceship simulator that requires players to deal with multiple challenges in the form of both internal and external threats. While you’re managing the inner-workings of your ship, you’ll have to tangle with a variety of combat encounters with alien threats. This extends beyond crew management, all the way down to defining the exact ship layout using its modular systems. It’s the debut title from Interactive Fate, however, the team includes Edvin Aedma, from the team behind 2012’s fantastic Teleglitch, who is onboard as a producer.
Shortest Trip to Earth combines a unique hand-drawn art style with a mixture of rogue-like mechanics and multi-ship combat. So if you think you can handle a target-rich environment in space, this may be the game for you.
You can see below the game’s key features, from the press release:
- Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
- Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
- Ship customisation & crew management
- Epic real-time tactical space battles
- Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
- Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
- Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
And here’s the announcement trailer down below. You can also check out the progress on the development of the title over at the official website.