Atmospheric adventure HEVN gets a release date and trailer
The big draw for HEVN is the exploration that’s heavily pushed to the player. The game won’t hold your hand, and you’ll need to find your own way around. Aside from the navigation and exploration, there’s also a heavy focus on the careful use of your inventory and strategy that adds an additional layer to HEVN.
The game has a huge variety of different environments to add lots of confusion to your attempts to survive. The twisting halls and other areas are going to be tough to navigate. The story, that said, is definitely the main point of focus. Described as a ‘twisting story of interstellar intrigue’ on its Steam page, it certainly sounds like it has a lot to offer.
Said to be inspired by the likes of Deus Ex and System Shock, HEVN follows the disastrous mining mission which Sebastian Mar—an unwitting protagonist is a part of. Mar fled an overcrowded and overheated planet Earth, only to land in a new nightmare.
Here’s the game’s feature list:
- Navigate and explore the perils of Naic – an open, immersive planetoid world
- Uncover a deep and involved mystery
- Interact with a rich environment, its machinery and systems
- Converse with both humans and droids
- Discover and inventory unique weapons and tools
- Fight off aggressive lifeforms and malicious robots
- Overcome obstacles and puzzles to progress
- Eat, drink, sleep, and take medications to survive
- There’s always more than one way to solve a problem!
- Support for many languages including French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and more
HEVN will be available on PC via Steam on 7 September. Check out the gameplay teaser for this new game down below. You can also view a cache of 25 new screenshots here.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.