Resident Evil Village has its own addon mode that offers a gameplay experience that players who have been with the franchise for a while will be excited to hear about. Resident Evil Village Mercenaries mode will be a new addition to the upcoming game. Being the eighth mainline game, Capcom had to step things up a notch. The new version will include a few new options and maps, which makes it a very new experience for long-time fans.
Check it out in the trailer below.
Mercenaries Mode is a mode previous Resident Evil games, in which players have to race to the end before time expires. They must do this with a horde of zombies between them and their goal. That means you’re going to need some very special weapons. The Resident Evil Village Mercenaries mode will allow players to battle their way through the undead with a mix of weapons with tons of fun ways to blow stuff up. There will also be plenty of upgrades to be had.
Between rounds, players will be able to get into the Duke’s Emporium to buy both new weapons and new upgrades. You can upgrade any weapon type with a bunch of stat boosts. Buff the fire rate, damage, ammo capacity and more here. Combine with that the ability to use different abilities and other options and you get some great gameplay variety.
A part of the gameplay experience here is all about having special builds and gameplay styles. Players will be able to toggle different abilities that make the game a bit more fun. Here are some of those special abilities:
- Out of Reach: Shots past a certain range deal more damage.
- Adrenaline: Players gain health when shooting enemies
- Shotgun Master: Shotgun shots deal more damage
- Super Guard: damage no longer taken when guarding.
- Slow Motion: Unknown
- Thick Skinned: Reduce damage taken
- Pistol Master: Pistol shots deal more damage
- Agile: Increase Movement speed
- Healthy: Increase max health pool
- Corpse Combuster: Enemies will likely explode when defeated
- Gruesome Gourmet: Killing enemies will give the player some health.
Along with that, we’re getting customization options that allow players to get their own unique looks.
Resident Evil Village releases on May 7, 2021, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.