The latest patch for the Xbox One and PS4 versions of popular cowboy-them-up Red Dead Redemption 2 has just been released. Rockstar is still looking ahead to the future and the full launch of Red Dead Online as the complimentary online mode to the excellent singleplayer experience that is the open-world adventure of Red Dead Redemption 2. Seriously if you haven’t played this yet, you’re doing yourself a disservice, the game is beautiful, the gmaeplay loop is fun and the characters and their stories are incredibly engaging. It’s a strong contender for Game of the Year, and even though it lost out to God of War, the team at Rockstar really hit it out of the park.
The sprawling adventure won best narrative, best performance for Roger Clarke as Arthur Morgan, best music for Woody Jackson and Daniel Lanois’ score and best audio at the Game Awards this past week.
But enough about the praise Red Dead Redemption 2 rightly deserves, let’s talk about this new patch.
Patch 1.04 is a pretty major one, although most exclusively bug fixes and the like, there are some balance changes. Most of the fixes relate to crashes from messed up save games and such, but there’s one fix that some gamers are really going to hate. The exploits relating to infinitely spawning Gold Bars and $20 money clips at various locations in-game have both been patched. Either you don’t patch your game and continue to use them, and hope the other bugs don’t wreck your save, or you just live without a huge stash of in-game cash.
There’s also some fixes with bugged lobbies and such in the multiplayer.In terms of balance changes, various item prices like guns and ammo have been tweaked, mostly making some weapons cheaper, differences in price will be credited to players if they already bought them. Some players are also reporting that payouts for some missions and freeroam activities has been increased.
The full list of patch notes for update 1.04 can be found below.
RDR2 Story Mode General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
- Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma
Red Dead Online Beta General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One
- General stability improvements
- Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
- Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
- Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
- Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’
Red Dead Redemption 2 was released on October 26th for PS4 and Xbox One.