PUBG patch for Xbox One improves performance and balance
PUBG Corporation has released a new patch for the game that primarily addresses vehicle damage. The developer is also working on controller input lag as well as visual updates to the scopes. The red dot, holographic and 2x sights will feature improved visual quality, although there isn’t much detail about what that actually means. Hopefully they work on fixing the abysmal pop-in and texture rendering issues some have experienced.
The update includes improvements to Miramar with more buildings for cover, more off-road vehicle routes, and an upgrade to the item spawn level. Another reason for the Update #4 test is to try out more of PUBG’s anti-cheat systems which they have been continuously working on.
Here are the details for the update from PUBG Corporation:
- We’ve listened to your feedback and further modified the damage players can inflict on vehicles, increasing areas of vulnerability. This includes:
- Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire
- Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
- Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles (Dacia, UAZ, and Buggy)
- Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle
- Continued optimization to controller input lag
- Visual quality of reticle is improved for Xbox One (Red Dot, Holographic, and 2x Sight)
- Resolved issue where inventory may highlight the wrong column when looting
- The sensitivity setting for 4x Scope is now also applied to the permanent scope on the VSS
- Auto-run (double-clicking the left stick) is disabled when aiming down sights
- Players can now use the D-Pad while in the map view without switching melee, pistol, or throwing weapons
- Removing the marker from the map when pressing (Y) will no longer switch primary/secondary weapons
- Fixed issue where the crosshair is not correctly displayed after players reconnect to a game session
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a multiplayer online battle royale game developed and published by PUBG Corporation, a subsidiary of Korean publisher Bluehole. The title is available for PC and Xbox One.
[Source: PUBG Corporation]
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.