The Pokémon Home event is essentially going to serve as a tutorial for anyone wishing to integrate the Pokémon Home app into their play. Pokémon Home is a special Switch and mobile app that allows players to trade and track their Pokémon across multiple generations and even unlock special unique versions through the various elements of the game. You can earn points that can be traded in for different rewards by using the app as well.
Fans have waited a long time for Niantic to finally get support for the app working for their mobile game, and now that’s a reality. The developer has even managed to string together a full event for the launch of official support. Players will get to hunt rare spawns, take on Raids and much more. There is also an event-exclusive Timed Research that will reward trainers with Mega Pidgeot energy, Poke Balls, Berries and more, including rare encounters. That Mega Pidgeot will have boosted CP as well.
For those wild about cosmetics, various special items will be sold in the shop, including a Melmetal Jacket, Vest, Shoes, and Grand Oak’s Glasses and more. Be on the lookout for all that and more when the event drops.
The Pokémon Home event in Pokémon Go will begin Tuesday, November 17, at 8 a.m. to Monday, November 23, at 10 p.m. local time.
As usual, special spawns in all of the normal encounters, eggs and raids will be a thing during the event. Boosted spawn rates are a given, as are special encounters given out for Research Tasks. Various Raids and Egg spawns are getting boosted too. And it seems as though some Eggs will have higher Shiny rates.
And speaking of Shiny, both Slowpoke and Meltan will have Shiny forms for a limited time during the event. This is the first time Slowpoke has had this form, and Melmetal form was a unique spawn that’s coming back for the event, then leaving again.
Here are all the basic boosted spawns during the event:
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Meltan (Mystery Box)
- Nidoran (female)
- Nidoran (male)
- Alolan Vulpix
You will need to be Level 40 in Pokémon Go to access all of the features. Players will also get some new tasks and rewards for the event. Most of these are revolving around transferring their monsters around and evolving them.
Pokémon Home Event Research Tasks and Rewards
Here’s a complete list of all the Pokémon Home Event quests, research tasks, and rewards.
Pokémon Home Event Tasks 1
- Transfer 5 Pokémon: Pokeball x10
- Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokémon: Nidoran encounter
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Razz Berries x3
- Rewards: Stardust x500, Mega Pideot Energy x20, Slowpoke Encounter
Pokémon Home Event Tasks 2
- Evolve three Pokémon: Pokeballs x20
- Use 15 Berries to catch Pokémon: Nidoran Encounter
- Catch 20 Pokémon: Pinap Berries x3
- Rewards: Stardust x1000, Mega Pideot Energy, Ponyta Encounter
Pokémon Home Event Tasks 3
- Catch ten different species of Pokémon: Great Ball x15
- Win two Raids: Litwick Encounter
- Catch 30 Pokémon: Slowpoke Encounter
- Rewards: Stardust x1000, Mega Pidgeot Energy x50, Absol Encounter
Pokémon Home Event Tasks 4
- Claim Reward: Mega Pidgeot Energy x30
- Rewards: Stardust x1000, Mega Pidgeot Energy x30, Gible Encounter
Pokémon Home Event Field Research
During the event players will also get a special Field Research set of tasks for the Pokémon Home content. Completing these will get a bunch of rewards into the hands of the players. Here are the Pokémon Home Field Research Tasks:
- Catch two different species of Pokemon: Nidorin Encounter
- Give your buddy three treats: Slowpoke Encounter
- Win two Raids: Dratini Encounter
- Catch 30 Pokémon: Stardust x1500