It’s been five fun-filled years since Niantic launched Pokémon Go into our lives. Trainers have enjoyed a ton of in-game events since then, and what’ one more? Now, on the fifth anniversary, gamers are given a set of tasks that can give them some cool encounters. With these tasks, you can earn a bunch of different encounters to catch the iconic starters from each of the Generations. The tasks are all pretty easy to accomplish, as long as you’re actively playing the game.
Here are all of the Pokémon Go Fifth Anniversary Collection Challenge Research Tasks and Rewards you can get. You can encounter all the starters and some iconic mons from Generations all the way back to Gen 1. If you’re an old fan like me, this is great. Niantic has also been running the Jump-Start events, which feature a Flying Pikachu spawn as a reward.
The main event runs until July 15 at 8 pm local time. Until it wraps there’s a chance to add more progress on that collection of yours. Trainers will also get various missions through their play, in addition to the normal rewards for leveling up and other progress.
Pokémon Go Fifth Anniversary Collection Challenge Tasks and Rewards
Here are the 5th Anniversary Research Tasks and Rewards:
- Catch 5 Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile encounter
- Take 5 snapshots of wild Pokemon: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip encounter
- Make 5 Great Throws: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup encounter
- Send 5 Gifts to friends: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott encounter
- Spin 5 PokeStops or Gyms: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie encounter
- Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy: PokeBall x8