A very easy Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl duplication exploit has been found, allowing entire Boxes to be copied. This issue has led to concerns about hacking Pokémon proliferating through trades. So far, a fix has not been issued for the glitch. The one saving grace is that it relies on some very unique button presses in a certain setup to work. This will still be very easy to perform, and players are already abusing it.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have also had tons of issues with missing content and less-abusive glitches. Players have spotted audio and visual issues throughout the game. Nintendo has tried to fix this stuff, but things remain pretty bad. Despite some additions of modern features, these remakes have been getting criticized pretty heavily for their glitches and issues.
Here’s how the new exploit works via YouTuber PanFro Games:
- Have a Box full of Pokémon you wish to duplicate, and an empty Box.
- Check Summary on one of your current Box mons, then spam press ZL + ZR + A simultaneously until you eventually get a double menu overlay.
- While the menu is glitched, open the Box filled with mons.
- Highlight a Pokémon in that Box with your cursor.
- Press X, followed by B, followed by X, followed by B again.
- You should be on the Pokémon teams menu.
- Press X again and then A on the Pokémon menu.
- You should now have a new double menu glitched.
- Press R to bring up the Box list and then press A to open it.
- Press Y on your full box and swap its position with the empty one.
- Back out three times until you get back to your initial Box screen.
- Check the summary on one of your Pokémon there and then back out again.
The exploit has added a bunch of problems to trading. This might be the reason why Nintendo has not added Wonder Trades into the game yet. They might be waiting to get some of these issues fixed before enabling trading. Nintendo rushed out an early 3GB patch to add things like missing animations and music files. That was likely the first of many fixes on the way.
Home support is also missing, and the duplication exploit might be the root cause. It could be that Nintendo is waiting to fix any such issues first. It’s not very easy to avoid hacked Pokémon if Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl duplication are a common issue.