Frontier has been hard at work on both of their major products, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We’ve already seen a bunch of updates to the latest content expansion for Elite Dangerous, but now it’s Planet Coaster who is on deck for some new toys.
The studio recently released a new DLC pack that gives a certain old-school feel to your park attractions. The aptly named “Vintage Pack” is available now for $10.99 on Steam.
The new Vintage Pack DLC for Planet Coaster outfits the game with a wide array of retro-themed content. This includes stuff like two new wooden coasters, traditional park attractions, new scenery objects animated props and a lot more. And with the nearly endless imagination and customization options already built into the game, fans are going to have a ball with this new pack.
Alongside the new content which includes new coasters and dozens of new building pieces, the game is being updated with a free 1.7 patch. This new patch adds new camera effects and coloring tools for construction, as well as a whole slew of vending machines and scenery objects.
The game has an amazing amount of content themed around holidays like Halloween and Christmas, and lots of generic themes like Old West and High-Tech. And since players can build essentially any structure, attraction or coaster from the various pieces, the game has an endless amount of possible options for different park themes. And with this new classic-themed content, I’ll be excited to see what the community comes up with.
Check out the trailer below to see the new DLC in action, there’s also a list of all the new features after said video:
- Zephyrus coaster – this classic wooden roller coaster with four benches per car allows for eight riders per car
- Aces Sky coaster – a wooden bobsled coaster with trackless wooden half pipes
- Round The World ride – get rocking and rolling on the most intense Ferris Wheel ride of all time
- Loop Da Loop ride – buckle up and prepare to loop head over heels in this twin cabin inverting swinger
- Test Flight ride – take off and practice your flying skills in this spinning, inverting plane ride
- Hurricane ride – twisting action that’s so fast you’ll not know what is up or down!
- Centrum ride – feel the excitement of spinning at high speed at a thrilling 50 degrees in this classic centrifuge ride
- 4 vending machines – including popcorn and gumball machines, crane machine and Zoltan fortune machine
- 103 building items – including tin panel walls and roofs, painted banners, baroque pillars and carnival trims
- 18 animated scenery items – including trapeze artist displays, pipe organ, hot air balloon and barbershop quartet
- 98 static scenery items – including lightbox lettering, decorative shapes, vintage path extras and a classic automobile
- 15 special effects – including bees, butterflies, blossom and blowing leaves
- 19 scenery blueprints – including baroque buildings, flowerbeds, a balloon landing and a trapeze performance
- New audio – 17 new triggered sound effects, 9 new music tracks and 10 new ambiences
- Propeller Hat and Boater Hat – for avatars and can be sold in the Hat’s Fantastic shop
New features free for all players
- Vending Machines – cost effective alternatives to shops and fun small attractions for your guests
– Drinks from Vending Machines are smaller and the machines themselves cost less; effective when you don’t want guests to have the more rewarding experience of being served by a vendor at a shop
– The Crane Game allows guests to win King Coaster plushies
– Changing the chance of winning which will also impact how inviting the machine is to guests; make it fun and rewarding or rake in the cash
– Vending Machines break down based on usage
- Camera Effects – added over 30 camera effects to the game that allow you to change the colour grading of the scene
– Choose a preset and its intensity, as well as how much vignette and film grain you desire
– Press CTRL-G to hide the GUI for the perfect screenshot
– All of these effects can be left on per park
– Trigger these effects using the Ride Cam Time Machine introduced in 1.6; perfect for dark rides and out-of-this-world experiences
- Staff Flexicolour – customise the uniforms of your staff members
- Grouping Scenery – group scenery pieces together
– If there is a build piece in the selection, this will become as a building as normal