Path of Exile MetaMorph 3.9.2 Patch Notes
The Conquerors of the Atlas expansion and bundled MetaMorph League are exceedingly popular. The massive spike in difficulty from a variety of highly customizable boss encounters has been a welcome change for POE veterans. Newer players have at times felt a bit overwhelmed, and even skilled players are ending up owned more often than normal thanks to the strength of the new Atlas and Metamorph bosses. With the upcoming patch 3.9.2 though, things are getting a little easier.
The fixes and adjustments are all over the place in this update. Some tweaks are in place to Metamorph encounters that were too hard. Certain abilities like Reliquarian’s Firestorm, the Shavronne & Brutus Hover Slam, Tentacle Miscreation and more have been tweaked to allow for a but more viability for some weaker builds. These monster skills were pretty deadly, and should be a little less so in this update.
The obligatory bug fixes are also included in the Path of Exile 3.9.2 patch. Stability and visibility issues in a few areas and with certain causes have been dealt with. A handful of quest and Atlas bugs have also been squashed. Players wlll also find certain bosses easier thanks to some clarifications of their skill effects that reduces clutter.
The patch is pretty hefty, coming in at around 3 GB on PC. Spend some time while waiting for it to download by reading the patch notes below. The Path of Exile 3.9.2 patch will download the next time you open the launcher or app on your platform of choice.
- Added a new vendor recipe for Metamorph organs. Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered, with random rewards.
- Fixed a bug which caused Metamorph bosses to become unfreezable. They can once again be frozen, however they have a higher ailment threshold relative to map bosses with similar amounts of Life.
- Adjusted a number of Metamorph skills, including the Reliquarian’s Firestorm, the Shavronne & Brutus Hover Slam, Tentacle Miscreation projectile skills, the tracking Mortar skills (including those used by Oriath zombies and Kitava’s Heralds), Burning and Caustic Ground-creating skills and several others. In general, these will now either deal less damage or be easier to avoid.
- Increased the timeout for the Tane’s Laboratory area closing when empty.
- Fixed an uncommon case where Metamorph organs were missing when the area had been cleared.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes get trapped in the vat in Tane’s Laboratory.
- Fixed some of Tane’s talk options being available at the wrong time.
- Visual effects from monsters that give organs dying now correctly remain rather than being removed shortly after.
- Fixed the incorrect Atlas quest information being shown after migrating a character.
- Fixed a bug where Citadels were still being hidden when the boss encounter was not available.
- Fixed a bug where Influence items were not dropping from monsters in maps influenced by Conquerors of the Atlas (they could drop from chests).
- Fixed a bug where the “Defeat Conquerors Conditionally” challenge conditions were sometimes not completing correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Conquerors of the Atlas bosses would retarget when taunted.
- Added new lore objects to the Conqueror of the Atlas boss areas.
The Awakener fight:
Update: We’re working on fixing the stairs issue in the Awakener fight. We’ll try to include the fix into 3.9.2 (but it may be deployed later in a follow-up patch)
- The Awakener has been decreased to level 81 from 84 at Awakening levels 1 to 5, increasing by one for each additional Awakening level. He is still level 84 at Awakening level 8, and this only affects the item levels of his drops.
- Specifically reduced the damage on a majority of The Awakener’s skills at everything below Awakening level 8.
- Prevented the storms in The Awakener fight from being able to occupy the space near the arena entrance, so you no longer can enter and be inside a storm.
- Changed the behaviour of the storms so they no longer pursue the player or their minions. Instead they more organically maneuvere the arena in a way that should cause more openings to travel around freely while still applying some limitation.
- Adjusted The Awakener Storm and Desolation skills to do less damage to minions.
- Increased the damage of The Awakener’s Multiclone Beam skill.
- Fixed a bug which could result in the Awakener fight not progressing if he traveled too far in a single Throne Phase.
- Fixed issues when playing in a party where the effects from the Meteor skills could be invisible.
- Improved the visibility of the The Awakener’s Desolation ground effects.
Other fixes and improvements:
- Added 3D art for The Ivory Tower unique body armour.
- Fixed DirectX 11 implementation that would use too much memory. Affecting mainly Windows 7 users, and Windows 10 users with old GPUs.
- Fixed a bug where Awakened Cast on Crit was adding a cooldown to supported skills.
- Fixed the new influence gem level mods incorrectly snapshotting.
- Fixed a bug in some cases where the Volatile Dead limit was not being enforced.
- Fixed more cases where multiple Vaal Side areas could spawn attached to an area.
- Fixed a bug where Sulphite could not be gathered in areas above level 83.
- Fixed the item filter settings not saving when using languages other than English.
- Fixed a bug where updating an item filter on the website would de-select it in-game.
- Fixed item names displaying incorrectly on rare items when using the Russian language.
- Re-straightened the curved paths on the world map.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.