Grinding Gear Games has just dropped the patch notes for the upcoming 3.6.2 patch, and it contains a ton of fixes and quality-of-life improvements that players have been asking for.
There’s some new content in this POE patch as well, with 3D art for a few items adding some visual flair, although this is almost entirely a bug fix patch aimed at fixing quality-of-life issues. For example, certain area debuffs that were rather dangerous have been gated behind higher level content in Synthesis League.
A few issues with Memories themselves, like items getting despawned and monster packs not appearing correctly have also been addressed.
Betrayal League content has been tweaked as well, with encounters now granting more Intel and it being easier to manage the overall Immortal Syndicate and the choices you make with new UI options and elements. For example, players can now choose to release defeated Syndicate members if the choices presented aren’t appealing.
If you have no idea what Betrayal or Synthesis Leagues are, don’t worry, we’ve got some handy guides to help you out.
There’s a new players guide to POE that lays out the basics of playing this ARPG. If you want a POE 3.6 starter build, that’s here too. We’ve also got a guide about the basics of Synthesis League and the Memory Nexus if you want that. For you end-game farmers, we’ve even got a guide to mapping in Synthesis. If you’re leveling a character for the first time and need some help optimizing your item loadout, we got that covered as well. And if you need a refresher on Betrayal League content, we’ve got you.
The 3.6.2 bug fix update should go live on Friday (NZST) for PC, with the Xbox One version following shortly after. The full patch notes can be found down below:
- Added 3D Art for Nebulis.
- Added 3D Art for Offering to the Serpent.
- Added visible labels to Synthesised Chests.
- Re-enabled the Shanty Town Memory. This was temporarily disabled in 3.6.0 Hotfix 4.
- Fragmented Memories and Distant Memories now require an area level of at least 50 to be able to generate Burning Ground, Chilled Ground, Shocked Ground or Desecrated Ground modifiers.
- Items that are consumed by Decay in non-decaying Memory Void areas are now dropped near a Memory Stabiliser when you move close to one. Items are now only consumed by Decay if collecting that item would teleport you.
- Fixed various issues where monster packs in Fragmented Memories and the Memory Void didn’t contain the correct Rare monsters. This also fixes the issue that many players are having where they can’t find the Rare monsters required for the “Defeat Synthesis Monsters” challenge.
- Fixed a bug where defeating The Elder sometimes did not fulfil the ‘The Elder’ step of the “Defeat Elder and Elder Guardians” challenge.
- Fixed an issue where Bloodlines effects (such as Heralds of the Obelisk) could be active in the airlock of a Fragmented Memory or Placed Memory.
- Fixed an instance crash that occurred in the Cortex boss encounter.
- Preloaded further Betrayal assets in an effort to reduce the amount of lag and client “freezes” that occur when Intervention encounters begin.
- Added a button that can be used to release Betrayal Targets at the completion of an encounter. This can be used to avoid having to choose an option that you do not wish to.
- Increased the amount of Intelligence gained from various decisions after a non-Safehouse Betrayal encounter.
- Increased the amount of Intelligence gained at the completion of a Safehouse. This change affects existing characters with Intelligence towards unlocking the Mastermind’s Lair.
- Reduced the distance threshold required before Intervention targets teleport back to you. This is to prevent accidentally abandoning the encounter.
- Reduced the distance from the player at which Transportation encounters begin.
- Reduced the amount of additional monsters that spawn during Betrayal Intervention encounters, and the frequency at which they spawn.
- Betrayal Targets spawned by Intervention encounters now deal reduced damage for a short duration after spawning.
- Fortification and Transportation encounters now spawn a smaller variety of monsters, in an effort to reduce preloading requirements.
- Areas prior to Maps will only generate with a single Betrayal encounter. Map areas will continue to generate with three encounters.
- Jun is no longer visible outside of the Syndicate Laboratory entrance if you are currently engaged in another Betrayal encounter.
- You can no longer enter the Syndicate Laboratory if you are currently engaged in another Betrayal encounter.
- Fixed a bug where Intervention encounters could not occur if you had already completed another Syndicate encounter in the same area.
- Fixed a bug where Jun sometimes did not aid you in combat during Fortification encounters.
- You can now toggle the visibility of area modifiers on or off by clicking on a new button found above area modifiers.
- Updated the “Hideout Unlocked” notification.
- Reduced the value of the “x% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Energy Shield Leech while affected by Zealotry” modifier found on the Watcher’s Eye Unique Jewel from 180% to 30%. This modifier was unintentionally six times higher than intended. This affects all existing versions of this item.
- Arcane Surge Support can now be used in conjunction with Cast while Channelling Support. The “Supported Skills deal x% more Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge” modifier does not apply to Triggered Spells.
- Minion skills can now be supported by Unleash Support. This only applies to the summoning of minions, and does not cause your minions’ skills to reoccur.
- The Flow of Energy, Pleasure and Pain, Mouth of Horrors and Unbearable Whispers III prophecies can now be completed in Core Map.
- Updated the description of the Intensity buff to accurately describe that the skill deals more Area damage, rather than all damage.
- Updated the description of a helmet enchantment which referred to “Sanctify”, rather than the correct name, Purifying Flame.
- Purifying Flame’s impact area can now destroy breakable objects (like barrels).
- Arc’s effect now visually hits monsters more centrally.
- Vortex can no longer be supported by Intensify Support.
- Legacy versions of the “To Dust” unique jewel can now be placed in the Unique Collection Tab.
- The original version of Goddess Bound, Tipua Kaikohuru, can now be placed in the Unique Collection Tab.
- The “Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence” modifier found on Watcher’s Eye unique jewels now prevents Corrupting Blood from affecting you.
- Straightened a bent connection between some passives in the Ranger and Shadow sections of the passive tree. This is purely a cosmetic change.
- Fixed a wonky quest state you could get into which would ask you to talk to Niko when you already had.
- Fixed an issue where Plaza Map would sometimes fail to generate if it contained Alva, Master Explorer.
- Fixed a bug where the Monstrous Treasure prophecy prevented Sulphite Veins from granting any Voltaxic Sulphite when interacted with.
- Fixed a bug where the Monstrous Treasure prophecy prevented Beyond portals from being created.
- Fixed a bug where a Crafting Recipe unlock object sometimes did not spawn in the Bazaar Map when it otherwise should have.
- Fixed an incorrect modifier name for “+1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems”.
- Fixed a bug where the “Purifying Flame deals x% increased Damage” helmet enchantments did not work.
- Fixed a bug where Brittle was applying a lower than intended chance to be critically struck to enemies.
- Fixed a bug where you could lose the “Immunity to Curses” buff granted by Holy Flame Totem if you were standing in a second overlapping source of Consecrated Ground.
And in addition to the newest patch, GGG introduced a new cosmetic item to the shop. The Raven Demon Wings add a dark fleshing tone to various armor sets in Path of Exile. Check them out in the preview video down below.
In one final tidbit about new features and additions, GGG team members are putting the finishing touches on a gateway selection feature for the console versions of the ARPG. This will allow gamers in different regions to select servers that they connect to the game through. The idea is to allow gamers to connect to datacenters in their local area, reducing latency.
Path of Exile is available now as a free-to-play game on PC, Xbox One and soon to launch on PS4. The PS4 port drops on March 26th by the way. The game is also getting a Korean localized release in partnership with Kakao Games.
Source: Path of Exile Site