Path of Exile has been ramping up the hype for 2019 and beyond, and with the upcoming ExileCon in just two weeks, developer GGG wants to keep things smooth ahead of their first fan convention. The game has been going smoothly, thanks in large part to Grinding Gear Games’ work on improving the core gameplay and overall performance, and fans certainly appreciate it. Blight League has been a minion-dominated league since it launched a while back, and that’s caused some problems in addition to innovating the gameplay by adding a completely new tower defense mechanic to POE.
The patch cycle for this league has been attempting to deal with this problem by dolling out a handful of performance optimizations to both minion behavior and skill effects. Of course, there’s always going to be other bugs like visual hiccups. The Blight league has still been a pretty solid experience despite these problems. Various patches have fixed issues for the league, and now the newest hotfix upgrades the game to the 3.8.2b version.
There’s some UI adjustments that make navigation through the various convoluted menus a little easier. The patch also deals with a ton of different bugs, mostly dealing with monster spawns, item stats and other stuff.
Here’s the breakdown of this new hotfix patch:
- The Menagerie’s World Panel pin is now hidden until you’ve actually unlocked it.
- Fixed a bug where you would be incorrectly warned that the “Temple of Atzoatl is ready to be explored” when opening an Alva Atlas Mission if you still had active portals to the Temple.
- Fixed a bug where Lava Lake Map could spawn slightly fewer monsters than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Minion Modifiers on the Convoking Wand basetype did not display their tiers when viewing their Advanced Mod Descriptions.
- Fixed a bug where Wave of Conviction’s travel distance could be shorter than intended if a previous use of the skill was stopped short by hitting a wall or some other object. This corrected itself when the player moved.
- Fixed a bug where some Trap Throwing Speed and Mine Throwing Speed modifiers were not reflected in the character sheet. This was solely a visual bug.
- Fixed a bug where the Cleave skill used by Kitava’s Herald and Blight Herald was missing its visual effects.
- Fixed a bug where the skeleton effect from Stygian Flame Dash did not always display correctly on Predictive networking mode.
- Fixed a bug where the Vaal Seal hideout decorations were not granted to players that bought the Corrupted Hideout. We will be manually granting these to players that have already purchased the Corrupted Hideout if they did not receive them.
- Fixed a bug where some buffs displayed a buff icon and description that wasn’t meant to be seen. Oops!
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when applying various weapon effects to a weapon with the Harlequin Weapon Skin applied to it.