Path of Exile 3.8 has its first major patch this week, bringing a few needed fixes to the table. Being that it’s mostly a hotfix patch, it’s just bug fixes of various kinds relating to the new Blight mechanics and the various items added in the expansion. In terms of content, there’s a few prominent fixes for the most popular builds, summoners. Many of the early issues in the Blight League have been fixed, including Summon Raging Spirit’s improper targeting and some issues with respawning after death.
GGG is also promising to implement more fixes for skills and items in future update cycles. And speaking of future updates, the company also revealed their plans for the next two versions of POE, including the major 4.0 mega-expansion which is set to change the game in the same way Fall of Oriath did a while back. According to the announcement, both 3.9.0 and 4.0 are going to be gamechangers, in their own way. You can check out the official announcement here.
4.0 is still a long way off, most sources estimate at least a year before that versions comes out. So far, Grinding Gear Games is planning four more 3.x releases, rounding out with 3.12, ostensibly due in September 2020, with the 4.0 debut to happen a few months after that. The 13-week cycle will remain in place for league content until then, although the plans can change, so keep your eyes peeled here for any updates.
You can see the full patch notes for this update down below.
Path of Exile 3.8.0d Patch Notes
- Updated the default item filter.
- Orb of Horizons and Harbinger’s Orb are no longer usable on Blighted Maps.
- Lightning and Physical Blight monsters now begin appearing when their corresponding tower type is introduced.
- You can now target your Zombies with Bodyswap when using the unique gloves Aukuna’s Will.
- Summoned Raging Spirits will now correctly prioritise targets if they were summoned while you were targetting a specific monster.
- Skitterbots, when supported by Infernal Legion, now deal damage over time to nearby monsters.
- The Siegebreaker unique belt now correctly causes your Raised Spectres to spread Caustic Ground on Death.
- Fixed a mismatch between the name and description of the Lightning Storm Tower Range ring enchantment.
- Fixed a bug where you could enter some Blighted maps in a location that made the Blight encounter unreachable.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Maps could sometimes generate more than 20 Blight Portals.
- Fixed a bug where the timer in Blighted Maps remained visible after the Ichor Pump had been destroyed.
- Fixed a bug where the paths from Blight Portals very close to the Ichor Pump could intersect with it earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Pulsating Grotto, Restless Rubble, Time-Lost Cavern and Haunted Remains Delve encounters could not be completed.
- Fixed a bug where items dropped in a Legion encounter in the Azurite Mine were not the correct item level.
- Fixed a bug where defeating The Elder did not always grant completion towards the “Defeat Elder Guardians and Elder” challenge.
- Fixed a bug where using “Resurrect at Checkpoint” after dying in a Map Labyrinth Trial would not send you to the Trial’s entrance.
- Fixed a bug where you were not always placed at your waypoint location when entering your hideout.
- Fixed a bug where Resonators could be placed in the Currency Stash Tab.
- Fixed a bug where multiple Eternal Labyrinth trials could be found in a single Map if The Dream Trial prophecy had triggered.
- Fixed a bug where, while using Ctrl + Mousewheel to navigate between stash tabs, you would get stuck on a Unique Collection Tab.
- Fixed a client and instance crash that could occur when using Volatile Dead or Venom Gyre.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Summon Skitterbots.
Path of Exile 3.8 and the Blight expansion are live right now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. IF you’re just digging into the quest to fight back this dangerous infection, we’ve got plenty of guides to help new players deal with the Blght. You should also check out our other Path of Exile 3.8 Guides:
- Blight Patch Notes Rundown
- Blight Skill Changes
- Map and Atlas Guide
- What Maps to Shape in Blight
- POE Blight Oils Guide
- Vendor Recipes Guide