If you want to find out which Path of Exile 3.13 Skills got buffed and nerfed, here’s the guide for you. We’ve included all the notable skill changes in the review below. It’s best that you start by taking in our Ascendancy overview first, as that will explain a lot of the mechanical changes. The sheer number of changed and new nodes is better summarized there.
Other Path of Exile 3.13 Guides:
- Path of Exile 3.13 Ascendancy Changes
- Path of Exile 3.13 Starter Builds
- Guide to Rituals and Tribute in Path of Exile 3.13
The Ascendancy reworks are the big thing in this patch. ALthough with more than 40 new and reworked skills, there’s a lot to go through. There are a ton of mechanical changes buried in the new Ascendancies alone.
Basic Changes to non-Skill mechanics:
- Harvest has been added to the core game and has been vastly reworked. It no longer contains a garden-building component, nor a permanent garden of your own, much easier to handle.
- Heist has also been streamlined a bit.
- Aegis effects, such as Elemental Aegis from Magna Eclipsis, no longer have their recharge timer interrupted by damage if the buff is depleted.
- The cooldown for gaining a flask charge from effects which grant them on a critical strike has been reduced to 0.1 seconds (from 0.2).
- The Far Shot keyword now causes your projectiles to deal 20% less damage at very close range (previously no penalty), up to 60% more at a range of 70 or greater (previously 30% more).
- The Tailwind buff now grants 8% increased Action Speed (from 10%).
- The Impaler Keystone now prevents Call of Steel removing any Impales inflicted within the last 4 seconds.
- The Ash, Frost and Storm, Elemental Resistance and Anointed Flesh notables each now grant reduced effect of Shock and Chill on you, rather than reduced effect of non-damaging Ailments on you.
- The Swift Skewering cluster now consists of two branches (rather than a full loop). It now has a second notable, Blade Sovereign, which causes Call of Steel to have +4 to maximum Steel Shards, 30% increased Use Speed and deal 10% increased Reflected Damage. The small passive leading to Blade Sovereign grants Call of Steel 15% increased Use Speed and causes it to deal Reflected Damage with 15% increased Area of Effect. This small passive replaces one that previously granted 5% increased Impale effect.
Main Attack Skill Reworks
Here are all of the Path of Exile 3.13 skills that are attacks or other main abilities that got general buffs.
- Artillery Ballista – Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.
- Bear Trap – Increased DPS
- Blade Blast – More AoE per blade detonated
- Blast Rain – More Fire Penetration
- Blazing Salvo – Increased Radius, slightly wider spread.
- Cobra Lash – Deals 5% more damage per Chain, 10% more DPS effectiveness
- Crackling Lance – Added Damage Effectiveness, Increased DPS
- Desecrate – Now produces new monster corpses sometimes, 1% chance to spawn a forgotten corpse buff
- Firestorm – Grants more damage with hits and ailments on the first impact, loses incerased Area DPS. The first impact now deals 250% more damage (from 150%)
- Frost Bomb – Increased DPS effectiveness, Increased Radius as gem levels, more DPS
- Galvanic Arrow – More Radius as gem levels
- Glacial Hammer – More effective Damage
- Heavy Strike – More effective Damage
- Hexblast – More effective Damage, Increased DPS
- Lightning Strike – No longer penalizes projectile damage or DoT.
- Pestilent Strike – More effective Damage
- Reave – More effective Damage
- Scorching Ray – Reduced Cast Time and Mana Cost
- Scourge Arrow – Increased effect of Gem Quality
- Searing Bond – Increased DPS
- Seismic Trap – More effective Damage, Increased DPS
- Shield Charge – Increased DPS and Crit
- Shrapnel Ballista – Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.
- Shield Ballista – Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.
- Spectral Shield Throw – Increased DPS and Crit
- Spectral Throw – Projectiles from Spectral Throw are now considered 50% larger against monsters when checking for collision, better application.
- Static Strike – Increased Duration to better build Energy
- Storm Call – Better DPS effectiveness, Higher DPS.
- Sunder – Higher Radius, No AoE with Gem Quality
- Tornado Shot – Better DPS effectiveness
- Toxic Rain – Converts 10% more damage compared to before.
- Unearth – Reduced Cast Time and Mana Cost, Heavily nerfed DPS and effectiveness.
- Venom Gyre – Base weapon damage now, no Chaos Damage added. 60% of physical damage to chaos damage (from 50%).
- Viper Strike – Converts 10% more damage compared to before.
- Winter Orb – Slightly longer Duration
- Flameblast – No bonus Ignite chance, 50% flat ignite chance, reduced less cast speed
- Earthshatter – Reduced Radius, more variance on spike creation
- Contagion – Reduced Radius
- Pride – Reduced Gem Quality effect for Physical Damage
- Purity of Elements – Reduced Ailment effect of Gem Quality, Reduced DPS effect
- Purity of Ice – Reduced Chill effect of Gem Quality, Reduced DPS effect
- Purity of Fire – Reduced Ignite effect of Gem Quality, Reduced DPS effect
- Purity of Lightning – Reduced Shock effect of Gem Quality, Reduced DPS effect
- Raise Spectre – Reduced Level, meaning lower stats. Lower accuracy. hey of Tul’s Snow Cloak and Knife Throw intractions have been removed, nerfing damage reduction and spell buffs respectively.
- Shockwave Totem – reduced range for primary effects
- Summon Carrion Golem – Summoned Carrion Golem now deals approximately 20% less damage at all gem levels
- Summon Stone Golem – Summoned Stone Golem now deals approximately 10% less damage at all gem levels.
Support Skills Reworks
- Charged Dash – Increased Radius
- Determination – Reduced Gem Quality effects
- Discipline – Reduced Gem Quality effects, Faster ES recharge
- Impending Doom Support – More Effective Damage, Increased DPS
- Infernal Cry – Increased Exerted Attacks
- Lightning Warp – Now gains additional radius as the gem levels
- Malevolence – Gem Quality effects nerfed
- Precision – Removed AoE penalty, nerfed increased damage for Gem Quality
- Warlord’s Mark – Minor buff to Rage generation. Even better after 3.12.
- Anger – Reduced Burning effect of Gem Quality, Reduced Movement Speed Gem Quality.
- Arctic Armour – No longer triggers when-hit effects from reflected damage
- Clarity – Reduced Gem Quality Effects
- Efficacy Support – Lower level requirement, Reduced Damage over Time bonus
- Intensify – No longer supports skills that create Minions.
- Grace – Reduced Gem Quality Effects
- Haste – Reduced Gem Quality Effects
- Hatred – Reduced Gem Quality Effects
- Lesser Poison Support – now grants 1% increased Poison duration per 2% gem quality
- Pinpoint Support – No longer supports skills that create Minions.
- Vitality – Grants a slightly smaller bonus from Gem Quality compared to before.