The Halloween 2020 event in Pokémon Go will feature some new elements like challenges and rewards. One of the big rewards is access to the newest Mega Evolution, Mega Gengar. So how do you get access to Mega Gengar? In short, you need to complete the Pokémon Go Halloween 2020 events various tasks. There are a bunch of timed exclusive Mega Buddy events that you need to complete as well to fully unlock the reward.
The first of the new in-game events in Pokémon Go for October 2020 has been revealed, along with all the other bonus content headed to the game. Niantic has a pretty full itinerary this month, with massive amounts of spawns, Research tasks and more to do next month. One thing that fans are excited about is the October 2020 Research Breakthrough Pokémon. Shedinja features this month, which is a boon for collectors who normally have a hard time getting it.
The event kicks off on October 1 at 1 p.m. PT. From that point, you can start catching Shedinja, the latest of the special Research Task spawns. Any completed research breakthroughs you make after October 1 will be a Shedinja encounter. The last burst before the end of September will feature Alolan Raichu, so during that time at the end of this month, research task tokens being completer grants a chance to catch Alolan Raichu.
Shedinja is a Bug and Ghost-type Pokémon. It has no further Evolutions and has the following stats: CP of 393, an attack of 393, a defense of 73, and a stamina of 1. It’s more of a collector’s item as it doesn’t have that incredible of stats or moves. It’s normally unobtainable, so you will want to grab it next month when you have the chance.
Shedinja will be available until November 1 at 1 p.m. PT. You get up to four chances to catch the monster. That’s because you’ll achieve a Research Breakthrough each time you complete at least one Field Research task on seven separate days. That means you get one shot a week for the month.
Not to be outdone though, the month of October 2020 will also feature new Legendary Raids and some unique spotlight events too.
There is also a timed Research event happening later in the month as well. On October 10 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. in your local time, you’ll be given special Field Research tasks to do that will reward you with encounters featuring Kanto Meowth, Alolan Meowth, and Galarian Meowth.
Multiple Legendary Pokemon will be available to challenge in Raids during the month of October. Here’s the breakdown:
- Zapdos – From September 25 at 1 p.m. PT until October 2 at 1 p.m. PT
- Moltres – From October 2 at 1 p.m. PT until October 9 at 1 p.m. PT
- Origin Forme Giratina – From October 9 at 1 p.m. PT until October 23 at 1 p.m. PT
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
There are four more spotlight days coming in October 2020. Alongside The October 2020 Research Breakthrough Pokémon, players also get four Tuesdays to catch unique spawns more commonly and get bonus rewards.
- October 6 – World Cap Pikachu will be the featured spawn today. Double XP will be rewarded for encounters on this day.
- October 13 – Original Cap Pikachu will be the featured spawn today. Double Candy will be rewarded for encounters on this day.
- October 20 – Shuppet will appear more often than normal, and you’ll receive twice the normal amount of Candy when you transfer Pokemon to Professor Willow. Shuppet will be the featured spawn today. Double Candy will be rewarded when you do transfers to Willow on this day.
- October 27 – Duskull will appear more frequently, and you get Double XP for completed evolutions of any Pokemon today.
And just because they could, Niantic included some more events. There’s also another themed event, with a luxury fashion brand of all things, when Longchamp and Niantic team up for a special cosmetics event.