Nvidia releases new GeForce 425.31 WHQL driver with Anno 1800 support
Nvidia has unveiled a new set of driver updates for its GPU SKUs, bringing out some changes to a bunch of different features, including some pretty big news for those that love flexing graphical muscle.
This new class of drivers are finally bringing Ray Tracing support to the older RTX series of cards, as we reported a while back. This means that many within the Pascal range will now have support for the graphics optimization potential the lighting system offers. So in short, the 10-series cards ranging from the Ray Tracing implementations in games, although the Turing GPUs are still the only ones benefiting from DLSS. So expect to see the potential for much more complex lighting in games like Metro Exodus, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Battlefield 5.
These new drivers are also fixing a handful of bugs and other issues. There’s some crash issues in games like The Witcher 3 that have been dealt with, and there’s also some adjustments that have been made to SLI support.
In closing, this 425.31 patch introduces the “Game Ready” optimizations for Anno 1800 too.
You can find the full patch notes for this set of drivers down below. And if you want to grab it, download the driver from here.
NVIDIA GeForce 425.31 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anno 1800.
Includes support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR) on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (and higher) and GeForce GTX 1660 (and higher) GPUs.
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Anno 1800 – Not recommended
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.77
- HD Audio Driver – 184.108.40.206
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.19.0218
- GeForce Experience – 220.127.116.11
- CUDA – 10.1
- NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.951.0
- [SLI][Adobe]: With SLI enabled, artifacts may appear in Adobe applications. 
- [ARK Survival Evolved]: Fixed random crashes on GeForce RTX 20 series GPUs. 
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands]: The game crashes when accessing the inventory menu. 
- [The Witcher 3]: Blue-screen crash occurs randomly with Bad Pool error during gameplay. 
- [The Evil Within 2]: Artifacts appear when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [Fabfilter plugins]: Applications crash when using the Fabfilter plugin. 
- [ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS notebooks]: Fixed corrupted graphics in games on ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS notebooks. 
- [Titan X][GTA V][Stereo]: With Stereo enabled, OUT of Memory message appears when launching the application. 
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.