The new GeForce WHQL 441.66 drivers just got released today for NVIDIA And their GPU ranges. These new drivers offer a handful of performance improvements, as well as some bug fixes for some scenarios. The biggest change is that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries should run a bit better on modern GPUs with these drivers. The new GeForce WHQL 441.66 drivers have enabled Game Ready support for the new title.
Another improvement included in the update is a push for a new set of G-SYNC compatibility updates for some games and and hardware. There’s now more than 60 options for monitors to choose from as NVIDIA has worked out support for MSI MAG251RX and ViewSonic XG270 monitors. Now more and more PC gamers can enjoy lag-free G-SYNC, screentearing be gone!
Some bug fixes include crashing fixes for games like Fallout 76 and Forza Motorsport 7. Other issues have been fixed, mostly with audio problems on some specific GPU SKUs.
Also of note, but there are lingering crashing issues with some games on Windows 10, most notably with Grand Theft Auto V.
Check below for the full patch notes. Those who want to apply the update can download this new driver from here.
NVIDIA GeForce 441.66 WHQL Driver Patch Notes
Game Ready for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Detroit: Become Human.
New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors
The list of G-SYNC Compatible displays increases to over 60 options with the addition of the MSI MAG251RX and ViewSonic XG270 monitors.
- [Resolve]: The application may crash during timeline playback when using Blackmagic RAW CODEC media.
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps
- [Fallout 76][G-SYNC]: The game frame rate drops with G-SYNC enabled.
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: There is no 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound option in the Windows Sound Properties.
- [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB][NVIDIA Control Panel]:The NVIDIA Control Panel reports an incorrect GPU framebuffer size.
Windows 7 Issues
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode.
Windows 10 Issues
- [Sniper Elite 4][Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Frame rate is not capped at the display refresh rate with V-Sync enabled in DirectX 12 mode.
- [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.
NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.