Nvidia release Game Ready drivers for Anthem
The newest set of Game Ready drivers is out, and gamers are taking aim at getting more performance out of their newest games. In this case we’re looking at games like Anthem and DiRT Rally 2.0. These two games and more are the current focus of the next set of GPU driver updates from Nvidia, an update aimed squarely at improving performance and graphical fidelity.
With the new GeForce 419.17 WHQL drivers, gamers can take advantage of new SLI profiles for some games like Apex Legends, as well as minor updates to underlying software like PhysX. the Nividia Control Panel and other related software elements have also been rolled into this latest release, allowing gamers to update a variety of software with a single package.
In terms of bug fixes, there’s a bit of work that’s been done to DOOM and other games to address crash bugs and rendering weirdness like black screen bugs for certain games. The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message in Apex is still there though, sorry to the players affected by this.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 419.17 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anthem and DiRT Rally 2.0
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Apex Legends
- Far Cry New Dawn
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.34
- HD Audio Driver – 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.18.0907
- GeForce Experience – 184.108.40.206
- CUDA – 10.0
Added support for GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
NVIDIA Control Panel
Updated to version 8.1.950. Added new Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters controls.
Video Codec SDK 9.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
- Included Features
- Supports NVENC/NVDEC on NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- NVENC API has been updated to support HEVC B-frames on Turing GPUs.
- NVENC API adds the capability to output the encoded bitstream, and motion vectors from Motion-Estimation-only mode to video memory. This avoids the overhead of copying the output from system to video memory for processing pipelines operating directly on video memory.
- NVENC API now accepts CUArray as an input buffer. The SDK contains a sample application to demonstrate how to feed Vulkan surface to NVENC using VulkanCUDA interop.
Optical Flow SDK 1.0 (Released Feb 11, 2019)
This is a new API for Optical Flow and stereo disparity hardware engine, available on Turing GPUs.
- [Doom Eternal / Doom 2016]: Decals render as black. 
- [Battlefield V]: Screen artifacts appear in the game when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration.
- Windows 7×64/8.1×64: Fixes random application crash or TDR introduced in previous GeForce display driver 418.81. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.