Neverwinter dev blog addresses leveling and difficulty in Mod 7
A new dev blog that lays out some forthcoming changes to the difficulty and leveling speed for characters in the level 60-70 range has been released. This issue was of significant concern to players after the release of the Elemental Evil module and the team has been crunching numbers and reviewing player feedback for quite some time.
Investigation complete, the Neverwinter team has announced the following changes to the game:
- The 50% HP buff that had been added to level 61-70 critters has been removed.
- Enemies in the endgame campaign zones (Icewind Dale, Sharandar, etc.) have had most of their HP buff removed.
- We still wanted a slight difficulty increase in these endgame zones, but the numbers we were using previously were definitely too high.
- The bosses and mini-bosses were never given an HP boost, and that still remains true.
- The amount of damage enemies do has been further reduced from critters level 61+.
- We reduced the damage critters dish out a number of weeks ago, but we went ahead and dropped their damage down even further.
- We’ve increased the amount of XP given by missions in the Elemental Evil zones.
- This will make your trip from 60 to 70 noticeably faster.
- We’ve cut in half the number of vigilance quests needed to complete the wrappers.
- Wrappers that were looking for 16 quests to be completed are now only looking for 8.
According to Shicoff’s post, these changes will be implemented soon and will be included in the next significant update for XBox.
Read the full post on the Neverwinter site.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.