Digital Sun Games and 11 Bit Studios have announced the release date for Moonlighter, the indie action-RPG, on the Switch. The game places the player into the shoes of Will. He’s an unassuming shopkeeper by day, selling all the typical weapons, potions and other items an RPG universe needs. But once night falls, monsters of the land are put on notice. Will adventures through dungeons galore, collecting loot and slaying monsters along the way. Will can also explore his local town, set up new shops for merchants to take over, which in turn unlocks new items for him to buy for his dungeon-crawling endeavors. It’s an interesting twist on the typical RPG and the genre conventions around gear upgrades.
The game will launch on the Switch as both a physical and digital release. The game also has a Signature Edition which includes tons of nice little goodies.
Here’s what’s included:
- A region free copy of the ‘Moonlighter’ game
- A CD digipak soundtrack
- A squishy jelly-monster figure
- An exclusive Moonlighter medallion with string
- A3 game poster featuring developer’s digitally printed signatures
- A sturdy “Sierra”-style Signature Edition box
- An outer sleeve with bespoke artwork and featuring the developer’s digitally printed signatures
The standard edition of Moonlighter costs £29.99. The Signature edition of the game will cost £44.99 as a bundle.
You can check out the release date trailer for Moonlighter down below. The game will release for the Nintendo Switch on November 5, 2018. It’s currently available now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux.