The newest patch for Monster Hunter World is out and brings a 4 GB update that includes a new region, new monster, weapon balance changes and a bunch of bug fixes. Also, if you are not using the HD Texture Pack, the update is closer to 2 GB. There are a ton of bug fixes for various issues, with the PC release now being a bit more stable overall.
There is even a new Resident Evil crossover event to hunt a Blackveil Vaal Hazak, and you can get a fancy new armor set out of it. There’s another new monster in the new Guiding Lands region, as Rajang has joined the new world. New weapon trees, armor, and skills round out the new additions in this patch.
There are still some ongoing issues with Monster Hunter World 11.50, namely that some AMD GPU users are reporting crashes on boot. Capcom is working on a fix, and many users are reporting that it’s related to DirectX12, as the game seems to run fine on DX11. Also, expect to have to reset your controls if you’re booting up for the first time since Iceborne released. No save data issues have been reported at least.
Monster Hunter World 11.50 Patch Notes
Main Additions / Changes
- New monster added
- Cutscene that unlocks the Volcanic Region in the Guiding Lands added
- Weapon augmentation and custom upgrades expanded
- New weapon trees, armor, and skills added
- You can now make your room public to other players.
You can change these settings from the start menu and selecting Communication, then Your Room, or by speaking to the Housekeeper in your room and selecting Room.
- Room-exclusive chat tab added
- Music player for changing the music in your room added
- New interactable decor added to your room in Seliana
- New rewards added for the Tailraider Safari when they explore the Guiding Lands
- Forgeable layered armor lineup added
- Monster spawn rates in the Guiding Lands adjusted
- Monsters that are lured out in the Guiding Lands will automatically be tracked by the scoutflies
- Target monster in the Guiding Lands will now appear in the log
- When a monster is lured out in the Guiding Lands, monsters already present will not leave as easily
- Kinsects can now be added to the wishlist
- Setting for your Seliana room’s privacy added to the Gathering Hub’s welcome message
- Decoration list order has been updated in accordance with their skills.
This change affects the following locations:
- Item Box > Sell Items > Decorations tab
- Item Box > Set Decorations > Current Equipment/Equipment Box
- Fixed an issue where supply items would not be returned when calling a loadout that contained empty spaces.(Supply items that exceed the space limit will be discarded.)
- For some pages in the monster field guide, rare carved materials are now listed according to priority.(The materials and chances of obtaining them have not changed.)
Additions and Adjustments
- Framerate display options have been increased to include: 30, 60, 90, 120, 144, 165, 240, and No Limit.
- Added two options for mouse and keyboard controls: “Aim Cancellation (Melee)” and “Aim Cancellation (Ranged)”. These options determine whether or not entering item selection mode will cancel aiming mode.
- Changed the way camera control priorities work for mouse and keyboard controls. Previously, even when playing with mouse and keyboard, the game would prioritize gamepad shortcut controls when opening item selection mode with any “Item Control Settings” option other than “Type 3”. Now, as long you don’t click the middle mouse button to open up the gamepad shortcuts, the game will continue to prioritize camera controls.
- Fixed an issue where temporary files were saved to the wrong location when taking in-game screenshots while the Steam Cloud is active.
Please note that this issue has no effect on game progression, but if the folder “_TempPhoto” has been created in the root folder of the drive where you have the application installed, it may be safely deleted. Once the patch has been applied, future files will be saved to the same folder as save data.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when using multiple GPUs (including embedded GPUs) to display separate screen outputs and then going to the “Display Output Settings” options to change the display outputs.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash when changing from full screen mode to windowed mode when playing with CPUs with high core counts and low clock rates.
- Fixed multiple issues related to attempting to close the game by clicking the “X” button after right-clicking on the thumbnail in the PC taskbar, such as the window becoming unable to correctly switch between active and inactive, the screen not refreshing properly, or being unable to select the “Quit without saving?” system message.
- Fixed an issue where the game screen would not become active after clicking on it after minimizing the game in windowed mode with [Win]+[D] and then pressing [Win]+[D] again to restore the window.
- Fixed an issue where the lance’s backwards Guard Dash would not work properly with mouse and keyboard controls when using “Type 2” for the “Direction Control Type” option.
- Fixed an issue where you could not open the “Preparing for Departure” window after posting or joining a quest, if you have assigned the “Crouch / Dodge” command to a mouse button when playing with mouse and keyboard.
- Fixed an issue with the camera that would occur when opening item selection mode when playing with mouse and keyboard and the “Item Control Settings” option was set to “Type 3”.
- Fixed an issue where the game would apply incorrect horizontal camera corrections when playing with mouse and keyboard within Seliana, Astera, the Research Base, or the Gathering Hubs.
- Fixed an issue with frame rate drops that would occur when using the mouse to control the camera in View Mode.
- Fixed an issue where, when using View Mode or the Surveyor Set, trying to use the mouse wheel to change pages in the chat’s Shoutouts or Stickers selection window would also change the camera magnification.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor could not move outside the window immediately after having set the “Camera Mouse Controls” option to “Off” when using gamepad controls.
Fixed an issue where, until certain steps had been taken, the mouse cursor could not move outside the window after having set the “Camera Mouse Controls” option to “Off” when using gamepad controls.
- Fixed an issue where restarting the game would change the “Focus Camera for Mouse Controls” option from “Type 2” to “Type 1”.
- Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity would be set to 0 after converting save data when updating to Ver. 10.12.00 from a game version older than the September 20, 2018 update which fixed mouse control issues.
- Fixed an issue where the following keyboard menu controls would not activate correctly when assigned to mouse buttons.
- – Select Menu Item / Increase Value
- – Select Menu Item / Decrease Value
- – Select Menu Item (Left)
- – Select Menu Item (Right)
- – Page/Tab Left
- – Page/Tab Right
- – Tab Status or Category Left
- – Tab Status or Category Right
- – Push-to-Talk
- Fixed multiple bugs where the “Type 1” button icon would display even when the “Gamepad Button Icon Selection” option was set to”Type 2″ or “Type 3”.
- Fixed an issue where the shortcut display for a Shoutout registered with a 2-byte character would display as “*” when using an alphabetic display language, such as English.
- Fixed an issue where certain inputs would cause the Palico’s direction to change unintentionally in the Manage Palico screen.
- Fixed some issues related to the camera getting stuck within elements of the Traditional Room decor when the “Aspect Ratio” option was set to “Ultrawide (21:9)”.
- Fixed an issue where the skill name “Slinger Capacity” would not display when playing in English.
- Fixed an issue where the “Chrome Halberd III” gunlance incorrectly displayed the description for the “Blackwing Gunlance” weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the “Striped Dragonga+” and “Tigrex Horn” hunting horns incorrectly displayed the name “Regal Flute” in their descriptions.
- Added font size scaling to the text display for keyboard shortcuts, so that gestures or items with long names don’t have their text cut off at the end.
- Fixed an issue where the quest BGM would not play for guests joining partway through a Kulve Taroth Siege quest (“The Fury of El Dorado”).
- Fixed an issue where the icon for “Monster Hunter: World” would not display correctly in the PC taskbar.
- Other minute balance tweaks and minor bugs have been fixed.