Pokémon GO gets its biggest update ever on November 30. With the “GO Beyond” update, players will finally have new heights to reach for. The biggest change is that the update raises the game’s level cap from 40 to 50, giving Trainers a new thing to chase in their climb to be the very best. And that’s not all, a new crop of monsters is headed to the game as well.
The ten new levels are broken down by gated Research tasks, with each level having a unique quest to complete to attain it. Trainers who want to grow past level 40 will have to wait for each one to unlock as well, as it looks like Niantic may make some of these special events. You can find the details Niantic has release about each of the Pokémon GO Beyond update level Research Tasks below:
- Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, in order to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions, to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of pPlatinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete a number of Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Kalos region Pokémon will be added to the game as well, further expanding the already massive roster. These are all Generation 6 from some of the older DS games, and it offers a bunch of new options to help shake up the metagame. And as for the Gen 6 we’re going to get, here’s the full list.
- Klefki (France exclusive.)
And the wrap things up, there will be multiple themed seasons throughout the rest of 2020 and beyond. The first season kicks off on December 1, followed by various themed events in the style that players are used to.
Check out the trailer for the GO Beyond update down below.