Marvel’s Spider-Man New Game Plus Update Now Available
Insomniac Games has released the New Game+ mode for Marvel’s Spider Man this week, alongside the rest of the weekly update. The company took to Reddit to announce the patch, and posted a rundown of the changes, which you can find over here.
The big focus with this update is of course the aforementioned New Game+ mode. But that;s not all. There’s been some difficulty adjustments as well, a new selection called “Ultimate” which makes the game insanely hard. And “Friendly” difficulty has been adjusted to be even easier. It also adds two new trophies. One is for completing a New Game Plus run and the other is for beating the game on Ultimate.
The game also received some adjustments to photo mode, as well as some basic gameplay balance changes and bug fixes in a few areas. Here are all of the changes Insomniac Games have made, as per their update post:
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game+.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added 2 new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes & Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Speaking of the Heist DLC, a trailer was also released for the DLC pack which teases new costumes for Spidey and a new story arc featuring Black Cat and MJ as they help Spidey in the pursuit of a criminal mastermind.
The other addition with the Heist DLC is three new suits for Spider-Man the three suits are Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Resilient Suit, the Spider-Verse’s Spider-UK suit, and the Scarlet Spider II suit. You can check out the trailer for the Heist DLC down below.
Marvel’s Spider Man is available now, exclusively on PS4.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.