Longchamp and Pokémon Go are partnering up for a new in-game event that will feature unique challenges and rewards for players in Niantic’s mobile ARG. The new Longchamp and Pokémon Go collaboration event will run next month, and we’ve got all the details for you. Yes, you read that right. Niantic is in fact partnering with a fashion and leather goods company to make exclusive stuff for a mobile game.
While not exactly the most obvious crossover, some fans will likely enjoy the special cosmetics that are coming to the game. The crux of the event is a special series of Raids featuring Pokémon from multiple generations wearing unique costumes. Niantic points out a special Shinx and Kirlia, among others. These Raids will also grant unique moves. Kirlia for example knows Draining Kiss, a move not normally found in this game for that roster entry.
The Longchamp and Pokémon Go collaboration event will also show off some unqiue costumes that will be given away to Trainers who complete the special Research Tasks. You will also see increased spawns of various monsters too. Finally, players can earn in-game gear to deck out their avatars as well.
The Longchamp and Pokémon Go collaboration event goes from October 2 at 8 AM PT to October 8 at 10 PM PT. Here’s a rundown of everything being spotlighted in the event.
- Special Pokémon wearing costumes will be appearing during the event!
- Smoochum that hatch from 7 km Eggs during this time will appear wearing a bow!
- Kirlia wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids! They’ll also know the move Draining Kiss.
- Shinx wearing a top hat will be appearing in raids!
- Croagunk wearing a backwards cap will appear in GO Snapshot as a surprise encounter! They may also rarely appear in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in the wild: Mareep, Skitty, Roselia, Kricketot, Croagunk wearing a backward cap, Blitzle, Cottonee, Minccino, Gothita, and more!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Kricketot!
- Enjoy exclusive Field Research for the duration of the event.
- Dress up for fashion week—in person and in-game! Be sure to head to the shop for a free Longchamp avatar item in Pokémon GO. Then, you can match with your Trainer avatar by picking up the same Longchamp item in stores. For more information on availability, please visit the official Longchamp website.