Just Cause 4 gets Spring Update, improving lighting and destruction
Just Cause 4 has been out for a while, and it’s a really interesting and expansive game. The game puts players back into the shoes of agent of chaos, Rico Rodriguez, and allows him to blast, fly and shoot his way across the oppressed island nation of Solis. The Black Hand is a mysterious and dangerous organization that’s doing it’s best to keep a hold on power.
The newest game in the franchise is incredibly expanded, even compared to the most recent game Just Cause 3. The island of Solis is the biggest map ever made for the franchise, and Avalanche and Square Enix have put a huge emphasis on offering new levels of destruction. This game even allows players to weaponize tornadoes and other acts of god via a much-improved weather system in-game.
And with the new Spring update, that destruction is about to get much more intense. The lighting engine across the entire game has been massively overhauled for one thing, making both the effects more intense and better optimized. This improved performance allows the developers to improve other areas as well. For example, a bunch of in-game items now have destruction physics. Items like Black Hand Statues and Metal Train Bridges are now fully destructible. AI routines for some enemies have also been tweaked to make combat more engaging.
Check out the trailer for the massive new patch down below. There’s also the full patch notes down there as well if you’re more bookish type. Just Cause 4 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Speaking of the Xbox, the game recently joined the Xbox Game Pass system, so if you have that, here’s a new reason to grab this game.
Just Cause 4 Spring Update Release Notes
- Improved Lighting in Shadow
- Made tweaks to the world lighting presets
- Improved Night-time Visibility
- New Black Hand Destructible Statue
- New Sky Crane and Black Hand Truck carrying Chaos Objects
- New Destructible Train Bridges
- Increased Ammo Capacity on Most Weapons
- More Aggressive Black Hand Vehicle Combat
- Better Air Combat Against Helicopters and Drones
- Increased Black Hand Patrols in Solís
- Increased Trains in the World
- Streamlined the Supply Drop UI
- Supply Drop pilot panel now displays loadout for each pilot
- Added an “AR” icon when AR Mode is activated
- Changed the Operations unlock description from “Pre-Requisites” to “Requirements”
- Increased LOD Distance on Blue Electrical Spark VFX
- Fixed an issue with the Frontline Mist VFX
- Added a more Explosive Destruction VFX to the Turret
- Fixed LOD on the Dirigibles
- Fixed a bug causing Overlapping Text when Continuing a Save after Starting a New Save
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby
- General Bug Fixes
- Added a Button Conflict Prompt when Remapping is Not Allowed (PC Only)
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.