Epic Games has announced that Jotun: Valhalla Edition is now available for free on Epic Games Store. This action title will be free until December 12th. After that, prison sim The Escapists will take up the free Epic mantle.
The game is built around the idea of fighting the gods. But you’re not Kratos, the world of Jotun: Valhalla Edition is too beautiful for that. Thunder Lotus Games is taking an incredibly detailed and insightful look into Norse mythology here. The player is tasked with taking their battle to the Jotuns, massive elemental giants, in order to prove their courage to gain passage into Valhalla. The thmatics and overall tone are spot on for the type of game the developers are going for. And because the whole narrative is delivered by the main character, in their native tongue, you feel far more immersed in their struggle.
Even the levels themselves are beautiful. But they hold hidden dangers just behind their brilliant veneer , like elemental traps, that betray the wondrous setting for the hellscape that it really is. It’s all meant to reinforce the danger you’re in, and reinforce it does. The game also includes various puzzles and a variety of bosses and other threats.
Jotun: Valhalla Edition features the brand new Valhalla Mode, featuring a much tougher series of enemies to do battle with.
If the concept interests you, here are the key features.
- Experience beautiful hand-drawn animation
- Fight five epic jotuns, giant Norse elementals
- Explore nine vast and mysterious levels filled with Viking mythology
- Learn about Thora’s life and death in an overarching story
- Summon powers bestowed upon you by the Viking Gods
- Hear authentic Icelandic voice-overs
- Listen to an amazing original soundtrack, specifically composed for every gameplay moment by Max LL
You can grab your free copy of Jotun: Valhalla Edition from here.