Elemental Sight in Genshin Impact is the ability to highlight various items, NPCs and even your own character based on the magic they interact with. The ability is a core part of gathering info about the environs around you and what’s going on with your party. Click the middle mouse button to trigger it, and then your screen will light up with various colors.
Each time you trigger the ability, you see a colored effect for finding the traces of certain magics. The coloring is somewhat inline with the coloring of the actual elements, so it’s not too hard to figure out. Using Elemental Sight can help you figure out what kinds of magic to use against certain things, but also help you out when trying to find hidden chests and other objects.
Here are the colors for each elemental effect for Elemental Sight in Genshin Impact :
- Grey – Objects and chests are highlighted with this color. Various domains, teleporters, NPCs, and timed challenges are all colored this color as well.
- Orange – Objects and minerals are highlighted with this color when they can be mined.
- Green – Any destroyable objects are colored with this color. This applies to any items not covered by other colors.
- Blue – Any character that is wet is colored this way. That includes any item or NPC hit with water-based magic as well.
- Purple – Any character that is electrocuted is colored this way. That includes any item or NPC hit with lightning-based magic as well.
- Red – Any character that is burned/aflame is colored this way. That includes any item or NPC hit with fire-based magic as well.
- Light blue – Any character that is frozen is colored this way. That includes any item or NPC hit with ice-based magic as well.
So pay attention to this coloring when you trigger the ability, then use that to inform your gameplay choices in fights and when exploring.