Niantic is preparing to unleash a new set of Mega Evolutions into the game. You can now take these powerful monsters into battle fro some new challenges, and take advantage of the Snapshots soon as well. So far, Mega Charizard X and Y, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Beedrill have all been released. Now, we have Mega Pidgeot on the way, and Mega Gengar is coming to the game too.
The legendary Ghost-type Pokémon Mega Gengar in Pokémon Go is set to come out around this Halloween, giving us a nice treat. So here’s some primer info first. You might also want to learn more details about how the Mega Evolutions work in-game.
Here are the dates you need to be aware of to see when each Mega Evolution and teh events involved:
- September 1 to September 7 has events all about Mega Raids – The goal of this Mega Evolution-themed event is to take on the new Mega-Raids. Not only will players earn the Mega Candy they need for the mechanic, but they can also get other powerful rewards. Using your Mega Candy wisely will be key here.
- September 11 to September 17 has events all about battling with Mega Evolutions – Your new Mega Buddies can be taken into Trainer Battles and more. There are also options for using them in Gyms and even in boss fights against Team Rocket. Goals for these days will likely center on a mix of PvP and PvE, focusing on using the Mega Evolutions in battle.
- September 22 to September 28 has events about showing off your new Mega Buddy – If you want to use Snapshots, nows your chance. You can earn unique rewards and some boosts for sharing your Mega Pokémon in-game and on social media.
For starters, you need to get your hands on some Mega Candy to take full advantage of the feature. Now let’s talk about how to get the new Mega Evolution. So with that prepared, here’s how to get Mega Gengar.
You need to participate in the Timed Research happening from September 22 to September 28 as a next step. The new event will not be released yet, but it has been revealed that it will be tied with the new evolutions. There will be some new tasks to complete, so you should knock those out when you get the chance. The way to unlock the Mega Gengar option is only to complete these tasks, whey won’t be released for all Trainers.
And not to be left alone, Mega Gengar events will be joined by some boosted spawns. Here are all the possible Shiny and regular boosted spawns during the newest Mega Buddy event:
- Alolan Exeggutor – shiny available, BOOSTED
- Doduo – shiny available
- Dunsparce – shiny available
- Lapras – shiny available, BOOSTED
- Onix – shiny available, BOOSTED
- Pinsir – shiny available
- Skarmory – shiny available, BOOSTED
- Wailmer – shiny available