Since it’s a remake of a classic retro brawler that ignited the love of an entire genre in the heyday of the Sega consoles, Streets of Rage 4 will be looking to make a really big dent. The mean streets of Wood Oak City are back, and even more filled with punks and dangerous criminals that need a good slap in the face.
And it wouldn’t be a Streets of Rage game without some secrets and unlockables, and that extends to your character roster. With a bunch of new playable characters in Streets of Rage 4, there’s a lot of work to be done. Seriously, with 13 different characters to unlock in the game, players will need to work with the new systems of the retro rebirth to unlock them all.
Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding are all coming back, and bringing with them some entirely new fighters, as well as a bunch of reworks of existing characters from across the history of the franchise. The key to unlocking all of these fighters is pretty simple, but takes tons of time. The process of having to unlock all characters in Streets of Rage 4 is all about scoring points.
Scoring in-game points are all about playing well. The points rack up across different playthroughs, regardless of the character you’re playing. The more baddies you take out, the more points you score. Chaining together combos and attacks and help increase the rate you score points as well. You need to reach a total of 1,150,000 lifetime points to unlock all of the characters, which isn’t going to be easy.
To unlock specific characters, you’ll need to rack up plenty of in-game points and continuously increase your score. By playing through different modes, you’ll earn lifetime points. This meter fills up as you beat up the bad guys. If you chain attacks together and take out more foes by increasing your multiplier, you’ll earn more points.
Points scale based on the difficulty you’re playing at, with runs through new levels with new characters scoring more points too. Players will also get better scores in the game if they finish a stage with more HP left in their bars. And of course, speed is also a part of the score calculation.
Check below for the full breakdown of how to unlock all characters in Streets of Rage 4:
- Adam Hunter – Beat chapter four in the campaign
- Streets of Rage 1 Axel Stone – Accumulate 200,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 1 Adam Hunter – Reach 250,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 1 Blaze Fielding – Hit 310,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 2 Max Thunder – Obtain 390,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 2 Axel Stone – Rack up 480,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 2 Blaze Fielding – Reach 570,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 2 Skate Hunter – Hit 650,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 3 Axel Stone – Accumulate 730,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 3 Blaze Fielding – Hit 840,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 3 Skate Hunter – Obtain 940,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 3 Dr Gilbert Zan – Rack up 1,050,000 lifetime points
- Streets of Rage 3 Shiva – Reach 1,150,000 lifetime points