There are a bunch of new challenges this week. Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 is here, bringing with it a new batch of stuff to do. There are 7 Epic Quests, worth 20,000 XP on your battle pass, much like the previous weeks. Across all of the different quests this week, you can earn up to 283,000 XP for said pass. That’s a ton of XP, and can unlock some very nice rewards if you put the effort in.
One of Week 12’s challenge in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is to catch different types of weapons from fishing spots in Fortnite. The challenge sounds simple, but can be kind of hard if you don’t know where to go. Here are some basic tips for what to do and where to go to make this challenge done.
How to quickly catch different types of weapons from fishing spots in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5
Make your way to Splode Island to the northeast of Stealthy Stronghold. That’s the lone island on the eastern side of the peninsula that Stealthy Stronghold sits on. You can land there from the Battle Bus if you want to get plenty of XP from this challenge. You need to fish out unique weapons, not fish, so there are some extra considerations to make.
When you land on the island, look for the shack that has the fishing supplies out front. Look for the fishing rod barrel and grab one, just make sure it’s not a Pro Rod. These Pro Rods cannot catch weapons. What you need to do is take a rod and cast it toward the bubbling spots out in the water. You need to catch multiple unique weapons, and different rarity tiers of the same weapon do not count.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 challenges below:
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200) – 20,000 XP
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations (0/3) – 20,000 XP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Throw a fish back in the water (0/1) – 20,000 XP
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3) – 20,000 XP
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3) – 20,000 XP
- Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing (5,19,15,20,25) – 55,000 XP