The Trophy Hunter Sniper Rifle in Destiny 2 is a new addition in the recent Season of Dawn. This new long-range weapon offers plenty of stopping power with a high impact stat and relatively strong stability. The real shining stat for this weapon is the new Vorpal Weapon perk. This addition is random, but very powerful, as it allows the player to do extra damage to any enemy using their super abilities. Those weak to this bonus damage include other players, bosses, and vehicles.
This combination has made the Trophy Hunter Sniper Rifle in Destiny 2 a prized possession for both PvE and PvP. There are multiple steps to unlocking this powerful implement of war, here’s a rundown.
Rank 35 of your Season Pass is the first step, this will generate a free drop of the rifle, although the rolls will be random. Rank 90 on your Season Pass also offers a bonus drop of the new rifle, but that takes too much time for many players. A better way to acquire the Trophy Hunter Sniper Rifle is to run Timelost Bounties through the Obelisk.
The Timelost bounties need 10 Polarized Fracatline resources and 3,000 Glimmer, so you’re going to be doing a fair bit of farming if you choose this route. You have a variety of different methods to grab plenty of Polarized Fractaline:
- Completing quests in Season of Dawn
- Accomplishing Triumphs
- Running the Sundial
Gambit, Crucible, and Strike game modes are also a good way to have a chance at loot drops for the new rifle as well. You have to get your Season Pass to Rank 90 for that though.
There are four total perks that the sniper can roll with, each one offering their own unique modifiers to damage, ammo counts and other elements. Find the full rundown of all the perks on the Trophy Hunter Sniper Rifle below:
- Perk One – Arrowhead Break, Chambered Compensator, Corkscrew Rifling, Extended Barrel, Fluted Barrel, Full Bore, Hammer-Forged Rifling, Polygonal Rifling, Smallbore.
- Perk Two – Accurized Rounds, Appended Mag, Tactical Mag, Extended Mag, Steady Rounds, Alloy Magazine, Flared Magwell
- Perk Three – Lead from Gold, Genesis, Pulse Monitor, Triple Tap
- Perk Four – Vorpal Weapon, Dragonfly, Disruption Break, Snapshot Sighs