How to get the Thunderlord in Destiny 2
There are a bunch of Exotics in Destiny 2. And aside from the tons of fun that using these powerful weapons and gear in builds is, there’s a ton of fun to be had when farming for these items. We’re kicking off our coverage of Bungie’s great shooter with a guide on where and how to get the Thunderlord in Destiny 2.
Previously, Destiny 2’s Thunderlord was locked to a specific quest within the game. Later changes to the game in various seasons of post-launch content eliminated the Season of the Forge content that Destiny 2’s Thunderlord was included in. Exotic Engrams are now the only activity that grants this particular item now.
Destiny 2’s Thunderlord, lucky for you, isn’t that hard to grab now. Exotic drops are all over the place in this game. One source for drops is ranking up your Season Pass. This can be done in a few different ways. Start by killing powerful enemies during raids, as sometimes they drop these items. Then there are the multiplayer Crucible matches that can also reward Exotic Engrams.
If you’re running in a group, Ordeal Nightfalls is your best bet for farming Exotics. You can also increase the odds of getting an Exotic tier drop by increasing the level of difficulty. This does have the trade-off of having to deal with a much harder mission. The weapon is occasionally sold by Xûr, but it’s not too common.
If you would like to see more of this weapon, check out its stats below:
- Impact – 41
- Range – 64
- Stability – 55
- Handling – 46
- Reload Speed – 69
- Magazine – 62
- Zoom – 15
- Recoil – 70
- Reign Havoc – Any enemy killed with Thunderlord spawns arcing bolts.
- Polygonal Rifling – Grants a small boost to recoil reduction, stabilizing shots.
- Armor-Piercing Rounds – Rounds cause extra damage to shields and over-penetrate targets.
- Lighting Rounds – The DPS of this weapon deals extra damage via lightning strikes and deals more overall damage as you use it.
- Feeding Frenzy – Kills with this weapon speed up reloads as a temporary buff.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.