The terror of PvP is back in Destiny 2. The Jotunn Exotic Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2 has a long legacy of being super OP when it came to PvP, and though it has been outclassed by newer items, it’s still something many players want. The Jotunn is a great, heavy-hitting Exotic weapon that fires tracking shots, making it incredible for taking out targets at medium range. So if you want to grab it, here’s how you can get the Exotic in Beyond Light.
Jotunn Weapon Perks
- Charge Shot: Hold to charge up a tracking shot that explodes and burns on impact.
- Volatile Launch: This weapon is optimized for an especially explosive payload. • Significantly increases blast radius • Slightly decreases handling speed • Slightly decreases projectile speed
- Liquid Coils: Slower-building charge for higher damage. • Increases impact damage • Slower charge time
- Shield Disorient: Energy matched shield explosion disorients nearby combatants.
- Polymer Grip: This weapon’s grip is made of lighter material. • Increases handling speed
How to get the Jotunn Exotic Fusion Rifle
You used to have to run through a gauntlet of Ada-1 missions to unlock the Black Armory Forges, then run that to get this Exotic, that’s no longer the case. As much of the older content in the game has been moved to the content vault in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, meaning that it can’t be obtained through questing, and must instead be traded for.
To get the Jotunn Exotic Fusion Rifle, you will need the following resources:
- 1 Exotic Cipher
- 125,000 Glimmer
- 200 Micophasic Datalattice
- 1 Ascendant Shard
Exotic Ciphers can be gained from the Season Pass, or by completing a weekly mission for Xur. You will then need to bring these with the other resources above to the Exotic Archive in the Tower. Once you have all the stuff and have brought everything down, you can claim the old weapon. You can claim various other weapons in this manner as well.
This is the planetary resource that you can get from Nessus. Get resource boosting Ghost mods to help speed up farming this item.
Another difficult to get resource, as it mostly requires high-level content. You can get these from three primary sources:
- You can buy them from Banshee-44 in the Tower
- Via the later stages of the Season pass
- Nightfall: The Ordeal at Master difficulty or higher
You can earn Ascendant Shards from the Season Pass at levels 80, 85, and 94. You could probably farm them faster from Banshee-44, although they are very expensive. The Power requirement for those Nightfall missions is 1280, so keep that in mind as well.
To trade for Ascendant Shards from Banshee-44, you need these resources
- 10 Enhancement Prisms
- 100 Planetary Materials (these will rotate daily)
- 50,000 Glimmer