Fae Iron is a rare drop that you can get from mining, but it seems to be very rare indeed. It takes a lot of work to get some, which is why its a late-game crafting item. If you’re after that rare jewelry item, you will probably need some fae iron to make it. Some incredibly powerful items like the Earthen Smasher and Hunter’s Longshot both use it.
You can get Fae Iron in New World by harvesting Iron Veins. These are scattered all over the map, with the large clusters found in the southern regions of the map.
Iron Ore is in the highland areas of the map. There are various nodes all over this mountainous region. Here are the locations you can head to farm iron in New World for that early weapon and armor crafts.
- First Light, Wolf Den – In the northern parts of this region, there are nodes that are close by to Windsward near the border. You can also check by the wolf den that’s farther south.
- Everfall – There are several areas where you can mine Iron Ore around Everfall, both to the north and to the east of the settlement. There’s a ring that runs around the northern section that has plenty of nodes. The Midnight Den is a low-level area with Iron, Gold, and Silver ore.
- Monarch’s Bluffs Hamlet – Look in the northeastern corner of Cutlass Keys Town, next to the Brigand Bastion, There’s a whole band of Iron ore that can be found there. Also, check the Devil’s Quarry just east of Monarch’s Bluffs Hamlet.
You can of course find it in many other places. There’s literally a mountain of the stuff along the edges of Everfall. Look near the eastern edge of the zone in the various caves and rock formations to find it. If you’re having trouble, here’s a map that marks many spawn locations in the area for iron veins.
Trouble is, it has an extremely low drop rate.
You’ll need at least a flint mining pick to harvest iron as well, and yes that’s the minimum you need to get fae iron as well.
Getting More Fae Iron
One of the best ways to increase the speed at which you get resources is through Luck. Many different tradeskills have some kind of luck mechanics, and Mining Luck is certainly a thing. With certain bits of gear, and even some food dishes, you can boost your mining luck in New World, gaining a lot more loot.
As well as crafting items with the Mining Luck perk, you can also consume special types of food that will increase your mining luck for a short period of time. Here are the foods you can eat to boost your mining yields. Since Potatoes are relatively easy to come by in New World, these make a great moneyspinner as you can get them relatively cheaply, and then go farming for some Fae Iron in New World.
- Roasted Potatoes – Potatoes, Butter, Peppercorn (requires level 1 cooking at a tier 2 kitchen, 1000 mining luck increase – 20 minutes)
- Herb-Roasted Potatoes – Potatoes, Honey, Butter, Cinnamon (requires level 5 cooking at a tier 2 kitchen, 1400 mining luck increase – 25 minutes)
- Boiled Potatoes – Cauliflower, Butter, Seasoning Blend, Water, Potatoes (requires level 20 cooking at a tier 3 kitchen, 1700 mining luck increase – 30 minutes)
- Poultry With Roasted Potatoes – Butter, Potatoes, Sausage, Nut, Seasoning Blend, Poultry (requires level 40 cooking at a tier 4 kitchen, 1900 mining luck increase – 35 minutes)
- Salted Roasted Vegetables – Oregano, Parsley, Butter, Salt, Nut, Squash, Potatoes (requires level 60 cooking at a tier 5 kitchen, 2000 mining luck increase – 40 minutes)
The mining luck value basically translates into a percentage drop increase, so a 1700 point increase is a 1.7% chance to get fae iron or other rare materials from a mining vein. It’s not a huge increase, but it’s better than the terrible base drop rate.
There’s a bunch more stuff to learn about the basics of this MMO. You might also want to learn how to respec your build. There are also tons of materials you can gather and craft. There’s a lot of basic stuff like Rawhide and various basic ingredients that you need a lot of. Rarer materials like Steel and Starmetal are useful as well. With all that new stuff, you might want to know how to get bigger bags to carry it all. Having a good supply of healing items is very important as well.