Gameshare on Xbox Series X is a new way to share games with friends and family. And if you want to let your friend or sibling have access to your Xbox Live Gold memberships and Game Pass, this is a way to do it. Here’s how to link your two accounts together and manage Gameshare.
You can use this to have multiple family members or friends share the same game library, assuming it’s digital. They have to have local access to the console though, you can’t use this to send free games to friends in another country. You can only Gameshare with one other person as well, limiting how many people can get access to your stuff. Gameshare on Xbox Series X does not apply to physical games, so you can’t insert a game disc and then let your friend overseas play the game remotely.
Here’s how to enable and manage Gameshare on Xbox Series X:
- Click the Xbox Button to open the Home Menu
- Go to the “Profile and System” option on the right and select “Add or Switch”
- Click “Add New” and add the second Xbox Live account to your console. This is the one belonging to the person receiving Gameshare
- You will then be asked to link the account to the Xbox and sign in, do that. Go back to the “Add or Switch” option after that
- Sign into your Friends account
- On your Friend’s account, go back to “Profile and System” and Click “Settings”
- Click “General”
- Click “Personalisation”
- Click “My Home Xbox”
- Click “Make this my home Xbox” on the second account
- Your friend or family member now has access to your Xbox’s game library.
To unlink the accounts and terminate Gameshare connections, just go into the “Personalisation” and remove the “Make this my home Xbox” designation on the second account. Once undoing the link, that person will no longer have access to that Xbox or its games.